Cheaters

Chapter 4

It was 11:30pm when we got the call to meet the jet on the tarmac in 15 minutes. To drop everything and come, no matter what we were doing. Which is why I'm sitting on the jet in a set of imported italian silk baby pink pajamas, my hair braids, my contacts all but forgotten about.

"Black widow, it's a Friday night," Derek said walking into the plane, dressed like he had just left a date. "and you were at home in your pajamas."

"As opposed to what?" I asked him while pushing up my glasses. He shrugged and went to take a seat.

Emily and JJ walked onto the jet next, dressed up, having come from ladies night. They had invited me but I told them I already had plans.

"Plans get cancelled?" Emily asked sitting across from me and noticing my pajamas.

"Not until 15 minutes ago." I smirked.

"So you turned down ladies night to stay home and do nothing?" JJ asked.

"Precisely," I said, noticing Spencer stumble onto the plane. He had a black long sleeve shirt on and a pair red and black checkered pajama pants. "My plans were to do nothing."

"I see we had the same plans," Spencer said, taking the seat beside me.

"Sorry to interrupt your evenings," Hotch said, walking onto the plane with Rossi following. "We just got called in by Nashville police."

"Nashville, home of my least favorite music." I mumbled under my breath.

Hotch turned his tablet around and Garcia was pulled up, ready to give us the briefing.

"The bodies of Joslyn Richardson age 25, McKena McKenith age 26, and Hannah Pierce age 25 were all found within the city limits of Nashville over the past three weeks. The most recent, Hannah, was tonight."

The picture on the screen switched to a close up on Hannah's body. Her hair looked like it was freshly colored, almost an auburn color, and her eyes were glued open to reveal green eyes. All three girls had fair skin.

"The day that Joslyn's body was found, McKena went missing. And the night that McKena was found, Hannah went missing."

"So our unsub probably has his new victim already." Emily started.

"Right you are," Garcia said. "Maggie Matthews was supposed to clock in for the night shift at Nashville Regional Hospital at 7:30pm and she never made it."

"But she's blonde." Morgan said, leaning against the back of my chair.

"Well you can clearly tell that the other three victims' hair had been recently dyed."JJ stated.

"85% of women color their hair at least once in a 8 week period," Reid and I said at the same time, causing everyone to turn to look at us.

"Of that, 37% will do it at home rather than a salon." I added. "It's not unlikely that our unsub could have just walked into a Walmart and bought mul-multiple packs of the same color."

"There's another thing, Joslyn and Hannah were wearing green contacts, their eyes were originally blue." Penelope added.

"The first thing we need to figure out is who the unsub is trying to imitate with his victims and then go from there."

......

The answer came to me in the car on the way to the hotel. The radio was playing the news, and it happened to mention something about Dollywood.

"Flaming locks of auburn hair." I blurted, pulling my phone out of my pocket to call Emily who was in the other car.

"I'm sorry, what?" Rossi asked, turning around to look at me in the back seat, squished between Reid and Morgan.