Little peanut

Chapter 15

"Spence, bouncing your leg isn't going to make the doctor come in here any faster." I said, looking over to him glaring. I didn't sleep much last night because we got in late from a case, I kept waking up from a nightmare every thirty minutes or so and then I woke up early because I was extremely nauseous.

"Sorry," he said, looking like a lost puppy. I sighed.

"No Spence, I'm sorry." I said pinching the bridge of my nose. "I'm just, I didn't sleep much last night."

"Elizabeth, I live right down the hall, if you weren't sleeping well, you should have called me."

"I know, but I didn't want to be a bother."

"You could never be a bother, Elizabeth." He said before grabbing my hand.

There was a knock on the door before the obstetrician walked in.

"Well Congratulations, Dr. Sheppard, it looks like you're about six weeks along." He said, sitting the chart down on the vitals cart. "If you'll stop by reception, one of the nurses will get you set up with an ultrasound appointment. And here is a bag we give all first time mothers. It's just got some essentials like prenatal care information, the prescription for your prenatal medicine and some free samples of stretch mark cream and some other things you may find useful."

"Thank you so much," I said shaking his hand after taking the bag from him.

"Holy shit." I said, turning to look at Spencer after the doctor left. "This is actually happening."

"Are you going to tell your mom yet?" He asked, looking at all of the paperwork that the doctor just handed us.

"Not yet. I don't want to get her hopes up yet, there's still a 10% chance of miscarriage. After 12 weeks, it's only 2%. Can we wait until then?"

"Whatever you want." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Garcia already knows, so we should probably tell everyone else though, before she spills." I sighed.

"We can tell them when we get back." He suggested and I nodded. We had an hour lunch break and we snuck away to come down here so they wouldn't be suspicious. I hopped off the exam table and we made our way out of the room.

"Hey Spence," I said resting my head against his arm as we walked down the hall. "This is actually happening. We're actually going to have a baby."

"I'm aware Elizabeth," he said, squeezing my hand.

"Do you find it weird?" I asked, pretty much just thinking out loud.

"Find what weird?"

"We've only known each other for half a year, only been together for 6 weeks, and yet we're having a baby together?"

"I'd like to believe that it's because we're soulmates, Elizabeth. Because I don't find it weird at all."

"You believe in soulmates?" I asked, shocked by the fact. Although 73% of the human population believe in them, so it wasn't that far fetched that he would.

"I've done a lot of reading in my time. I think that the idea of a soulmate is completelycompletely possible." He said, squeezing my hand again. "I'd like to think that there is some higher authority out there somewhere that brought us together. Do you think it's weird?"

"Surprisingly not," I said, turning to look up at him while we waited for the receptionist to give us another appointment date. "Maybe we are soulmates."

......

"Where'd you two go?" Penelope asked, bombarding us as soon as we walked through the doors to the bullpen.

"Out for lunch," I said like it was something that she should have known the answer to. "And donuts."

"Did you go and see the little peanut?" She asked, almost like she was expecting for me to show her ultrasound pictures.

"Would you be quiet?" I asked, sticking my hand over her mouth. "We're getting ready to tell everyone about said peanut, hence the box of donuts."

"So you did? Ooh do you have pictures? Please tell me you got ultrasound pictures?"

"If you will calm down and follow us, you can see the pictures." I said, ushering her towards where everyone else was at.

"Well that's all you had to say." She mumbled,"let's go then. I want to see my godchild."

"Godchild?" Spencer asked under his breath and I just shook my head at her enthusiasm.

"Who wants donuts?" I asked, walking into the congregated group of coworkers/friends.

"What's the occasion?" Emily asked.

"No occasion, there wasn't too long of a line when we were coming back from lunch so we decided to stop." I said, only half lying.

"Right," JJ said cautiously. "Well, I'm not one to turn down a free donut."

Spencer set the box down on my desk and JJ opened it up to grab one, instantly being greeted by an ultrasound picture and a message that said, 'don't take them all, I'm eating for three.'

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed, forgetting about the donut and grabbing Spence and I in a hug instead.

"I'm sorry, does that say eating for three?" Penelope asked, "There's two little genius baby peanuts coming?"

She engulfed me in a hug and started swaying back and forth, instantly making me sick to my stomach.

"Garcia?" I asked, "maybe stop shaking me, please."

"Right, sorry. Oh my gosh, this is so exciting. I mean, it was exciting before when I thought there was only one baby, but now there are two. Which means I get to buy double the amount of stuff that I was going to buy. Oh and I can buy them matching outfits and dress them up all the time and be the best godmother in the world."

"Penelope?" I said, trying to get her to calm down.

"If it's two girls, I can get them matching bow sets and tutus. Oh and unicorn pajamas, and cat pajamas. All of the pink and purple and glitter I can get my hands on." She rambled on. "And if it's on boys, I can get them matching suspenders and bow ties and little suits. And dinosaurs and trucks and ducks and chickens. But those are all so stereotypical boy and girl stuff, so maybe I'll just get a bunch of gender neutral stuff as well to counteract the gender stereotypical stuff.":

"Hey, hot stuff, why don't calm it down just a bit and let the rest of us congratulate the genius?" Derek said, getting her to stop ranting.

"Sorry, I'm just excited."

"Yeah, we can all tell." Emily said, "congratulations you guys."

She grabbed a donut and took a bite before sitting on Spencer's desk. "How far along are you?"

"6 weeks." Me and Spencer said at the same time.

"My man." Derek said, smirking and patting him on the back.

"Though it may be soon in your relationship, I find the idea of you two kids having two kids together beautiful," Rossi said, grabbing a donut. "Congratulazioni."

"Grazie mille." I said, grabbing a donut.

"I'm happy for you two," Hotch said, grabbing a donut. "And as much as I'd love to stay here and celebrate, we've got a case."

We all stood up and made our way to the conference room, I made sure to grab the box of donuts though because like I said, I'm eating for three.

Alrighty guys!

What do you think?

Lemme know

Beautiful Minds || Spencer Reid On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara