46

The orange hue of the setting sun, slithered through the curtains. The drops of rain engaged in the race across the window pane. Ding! came the sound of the oven in the calm place.

He opened his eyes, intrigued by the aroma. While seconds later something else allured his senses even more.

"Ah! You're awake." A peaceful siren was heard.

He tried to get up, but he realized the weight of his own body just then.

"Keep lying!" It was an order, but it sounded like a peace call.

"Zhan-ge?" He lied down back to the comfy bed.

"Hm?" Xiao Zhan asked, covering the already covered person into a cocoon.

"W-what happened?" His head felt heavy, especially at the back. He massaged his temples with his hand, in false attempt to ease the pain.

Xiao Zhan pushed his hand away and decided to run his own fingers through his hair – a relaxing massage.

"Zhan-ge you don't –"

"Shut up, Bo-di!"

And he did shut up and let those slender fingers work their magic. They moved so sensually against his skull, circling in a pattern. He felt like an instrument being played by a muse.

As the minutes ticked away, he felt himself relaxing to those feather touches.

"You scared me – you passed out so suddenly." Xiao Zhan informed.

"Ah? Sorry. Didn't mean to cause you –"

"If you finish that sentence, I will pull off your hairs till you go bald." Xiao Zhan warned. But instead of scaring the too polite individual, it put a smile on his face.

"Would you be alright with a bald partner then? – ouch! Ouch! My bad! My bad!"

Just as he teased, his ear had to take the blow of that remark.

"I'm very angry at you and you're fooling around? Dr. Lin Ran said you might not wake up for days." Xiao Zhan verbalized his concerns while still massaging the ungrateful person's throbbing head.

"I was wrong." Wang Yibo reflected. He then asked, "How long have I been asleep?"

"2 days." Xiao Zhan answered. "Dr. Lin Ran said all the exhaustion finally caught with your body."

Wang Yibo hummed. He saw it coming. He had spent years with countless sleepless, restless, ease-less days. Just as his mind registered the safety of Xiao Zhan, his body finally collapsed.

"I made Congee and baked some cookies. Do you want to have it now?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"Simple water would do for now."

"Ah okay!" Xiao Zhan got up and sprinted to the kitchen, he brought lukewarm water.

"Thank you." After drinking it did Wang Yibo realize how thirsty he had been. The glass was still in his hand. He looked around and finally asked,

"You brought me to your apartment?"

"Ah! I didn't know where you lived. And Dr. Lin Ran said, there was no need for you to admit in the hospital..." Xiao Zhan fidgeted thinking, maybe it was too direct of him.

"No! I'm grateful that you trust me enough to bring me here." Wang Yibo assured seeing that worrying face.

"Sorry, last time you came here...it wasn't really welcoming. That reminds me, How did you learn my address?" As Xiao Zhan remembered, not many people know of his whereabouts as he kept changing apartments in the past.