26

"Wang Yibo."

A grim but fair lady stepped inside the poorly lit office. There were stacks of folders on the shelf, with investigating reports and important documents. A small cactus plant was by the window and from the looks of it, it was dying. A lighting Gachapon was placed neatly on the desk. It was a regular one, which was available from any vending machine but this one was really old. The man in his suit was sitting on the swivel chair going through some more files. Hearing the lady's voice he looked up and acknowledged her presence.

"What is it Meng Ziyi?"

She pulled the chair back and sat on it calmly but her mind was not calm at all.

"Where did you disappear yesterday evening and this morning?"

At first the man didn't move, he didn't like being questioned as if he committed a crime. But he knew the elder lady was not going to budge without answers, defeated he handed her a file.

"This is..." Meng Ziyi questioned, raising an eyebrow, she didn't know if it was real or fake.

"Yes, the original receipt of the transaction, between Xiu Qing and Shen Xiao Hai." Wang Yibo clarified.

Meng Ziyi closed the file and then closed her eyes. She needed the moment to herself.

"I'm sorry." Wang Yibo said.

"You don't have to apologize... I always knew. Doubted it first but I knew Uncle Qing would not just sit back and accept Grandpa's decision. Moreover...I knew A-Peng wouldn't do such a cruel thing on his own."

There was a long silence.

Wang Yibo knew how that betrayal felt after all his uncle was not an exception. The only family left for him was just his brother, who had suffered just as much.

After collecting herself, Meng Ziyi asked.

"How did you get a hold of this?"

She knew, she tried but couldn't.

"Where is Fanxing?" Wang Yibo changed the topic, didn't feel that the answer was important.

"Shouldn't you know that? You're the one who told him to rest. How generous of you!" Meng Ziyi rolled her eyes as she taunted.

Wang Yibo nodded remembering he did that.
"He agreed to go to Luoyang on a short notice, he deserves a break."

Meng Ziyi leaned back and uncrossed her legs, observing the person in front of him. But no matter how hard she tired, there was not even a single answer she could get. She shook her head and decided to announce, the reason why she was looking for him.

"Zhuocheng is behind your tail."

For a moment, Ziyi could see a slight change in his expression but it was returned to normal too quickly. His hands subconsciously went to the chain around his neck. He pulled out a necklace and played with it with his fingers while his mind was drifting far away into the memories of his special person. Does he have the right to call him that? A light laugh escaped his mouth but it wasn't a happy one.

"So, that's why he broke up with me brother?"

His expression changed into an unreadable one but Meng Ziyi had the exact opposite expression.

Wang Zhuocheng was dating Liu Huai Kuan?!

That was news to her and she could bet, it will be news to the Jiangs as well.

Didn't he know that Liu Huai Kuan is Wang Yibo's brother? If he knew that, surely, he would not even look at him. Did he break up because he figured out he was Wang Yibo's brother?