41

[This chapter is inspired by Prince Ea on youtube.]

"Yibo?!!"

The enthusiasm which he felt first transitioned into agony and dread. Xiao Zhan leaped back far too many steps till his back hit the wall harshly. He covered his face with both of his hands, trembling. He yelled,

"Stay away! Stay away from me!"

"...?!" The figure equally panicked, attempted to get closer to him but he only received another warning in return.

"Stop! Get back! Go away Yibo! Get away from me!!"

His head was spinning like a tornado had been set free alongside the ravaging blood that flew freely.

"...Xiao Zhan, it's me! Dr. Liu!"

What?

Oh, but the trembling didn't stop. Has he gone to the point of madness that even in the blood red, he was hoping to see Yibo?

Xiao Zhan pulled himself up and ran towards the window, as if it was his only mean to escape. Was it locked?

"Xiao Zhan!!!" The psychiatrist followed Xiao Zhan, feared at the sudden debacle.

"Stay away from me!" Xiao Zhan shouted, hysterically. The feeling he's feeling, how could he describe it? He was hurt, felt betrayed then anger rose in him and now he felt nothing. There was nothing at all. Thus, a strong desire to do something was jumbling with what was left of his sanity.

"Xiao Zhan! Listen to me! I'm not here to hurt you! Nobody will hurt you! Please calm down!" This might be the first time, psychiatrist found himself cornered. The feeling of everything going wrong any moment was so daunting that he was sure his heart had been gripped by the barbed wire.

Hurt? Oh Xiao Zhan wasn't sure if he understood that word anymore? What pains more rejecting or rejection?

His whole life he had been afraid to give in and when he did, all it brought was calamity to others. Was that life of a sinner worth living?

"I hate them... I hate all of them!"

It was the first snow that caused the blizzard.

"...It's alright! It's alright! You can hate them! B-but please ...don't punish them like that!"

He couldn't even die in peace now?

"X-Xiao Zhan, listen please. You've been working hard this much; you've come this far. Are you going to just throw it away like that?"

Alone, broken and cursed – he really had been trying his best. He could find love in others how come there wasn't any in himself? He's been trying to go out of it, he needed to grow out of it.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"It matters! Everything about you matters! Please... come to me." He was already past the pleading point, now he was begging like his own life depended on it.

Their emotions were in stark contrast.

Xiao Zhan's hollow eyes looked outside the window, oh how the world was brimming with life. But where was his?

The little children skipping along as they held their parents' hand. The time he spent with his parents was limited. The time he spent with Jiangs was a treasure and because it was a treasure, he didn't dare take much. He wondered would he be doing the same, if his daughter was alive? Oddly he could see, Yibo running along with their little bloom – a world which he no longer wished for.