49: The End and New Beginnings Part One

Warning! This is a part one of two, and part two is a lemon meaning there'll be sexual content within it.

Requested by: pockysareweebsticks

Quirk: Cat

- Todoroki's POV -

Our final year was coming to a close here at UA High School. It had been an eventful three years here, and no one in the class wanted it to end, even though we would be going on to pursue our dream futures. After being in the same class as everyone for so long, as well as living under the same roof as them it was going to be hard to let go but, like at the end of every third year, UA were holding e celebratory prom for the students.

As it was only two weeks away, it was the buzzing talk of the school. The class reps and the teachers were in charge of organising it, so it kept Iida busy a lot of the time. Midoriya and I had to study without him because of this, and we were currently sat in my room at my low desk sifting through the many textbooks we had. "Are you ever going to ask her?" Midoriya suddenly said, and immediately I knew what he was talking about.

(y/n) (l/n), the cat-quirked girl, had had my interest since our first year. I didn't understand my feelings for her at first until I finally became confident enough to talk to Midoriya and Iida about it, them then telling me it sounded like a crush. Now, two years later I fully understood my feelings for her and it went beyond just a simple crush now, but I was too nervous to say or do anything. I had never had a relationship before, I had no idea how to act around or treat a girl, and I was scared that I would do something wrong and push her away, not that I'd admit it. "I don't know..."

"Todoroki, we only have two weeks left of school. Ever. If you miss this chance you might regret it for the rest of your life," he enforced, putting down his textbook. "She'll say yes."

"How do you know that?" I retorted.

"Because Ochaco told me that she talks about you all the time to the girls. Apparently they've even asked her a few times if she likes you, and apparently she always changes the subject without giving a straight answer," he informed me as I stayed quiet. "Speak to Ochaco and Tsuyu, they'll know more."

I sighed but took my friends advice. The next day I found the two girls thankfully alone, and decided to ask them about ways in which I could ask (y/n) to prom. They seemed almost relieved that I was finally coming to them for help, as they admitted that they were scared I was never going to act on my feelings. I knew that it was already likely Uraraka would've known because she was Midoriya's girlfriend, but it irritated me that Asui also knew my true feelings. "Todoroki, everyone knows," she said.

"E-everyone?" My eyes widened, wondering whether that meant that (y/n) also knew.

"Well, not everyone. (y/n) doesn't know, but you've not exactly been too subtle with your feelings for her Todoroki," Uraraka interjected and I sighed.

"Well... how do I ask her to the prom?" I asked them.

"Aw, are you going to confess there? That'd be so romantic," Asui said, but I thought that was too cliché, and was seen too much in films for it to be realistic.

"I just... want to go with her. I don't like the idea of anyone else being her partner," I spoke the truth.

"That's understandable. Okay, here's what you do," Uraraka started reeling off advice, and I hung onto her every word.

- Timeskip -

It was lunchtime the next day and I had decided to put my plan into action. I followed Uraraka and Asui's instructions and readied myself, heading over to her table. "(y/n)?" I caught her attention.