41: The Child

Warning! This is an angst, but of course because it's me there is a happy ending!

Note: Ryu is short for Ryunosuke - not massively important but just something I thought I'd say.

Requested by: something12345678hi

Quirk: Shadow Control

"WHAT IS THIS?" Endeavour screamed at me, holding up my positive pregnancy test. I was currently at my boyfriends house, however he was out at a UA alumni reunion party, although he told me that Endeavour wouldn't be home. Unfortunately for me however, he was. I had taken a pregnancy test at my house and had brought it along with me to his, ready to show him and hope that he'd be happy about it, although it was now that Endeavour was screaming at me; he had never taken a liking towards me.

Shoto was my boyfriend, the two of us having gotten together when he was in his first year of UA. I had gone to a different high school, but we met through our mutual friend Izuku Midoriya, and we had been happy together for the past four years. It was by accident that I had gotten pregnant, as I was on the pill but of course it isn't 100% effective.

Endeavour was beyond furious, and I was already scared of the man so right now I was pathetically cowering in the corner. How dare someone like him be called the number one pro hero. "Shoto, my successor, can NOT be held back by a child! He must focus on his own path! You and your child will be too weak, too weak to carry on my success. If you know what's good for you girlie, I suggest you leave!"

"N-no! I love Shoto-,"

"HOW DARE YOU! You are not worthy of him! I will find him someone who can give him powerful offspring. Now I suggest you leave him, leave this place and let him live happily without you or your weak child, unless you want to face the consequences," Endeavour threatened, lighting his arms on fire. He wasn't really threatening me like this... was he? Would he really go that far?

"I can't leave Shoto!" I tried to shout in defence. He suddenly grabbed my wrist, the heat of his hand burning my skin immediately. I screamed out in pain, tears leaking from my eyes as his hands burnt me, and after what felt like too long me he let go of my arm and pushed me to the floor, my eyes flowing with tears.

I looked at my arm to see it horribly blistering, the skin looking utterly deformed. I looked up at the man - no - the monster who was towering over me. In my eyes, this man was a villain, not a hero. "I'll give you 200,000 yen. Stay away from Shoto, do not contact him and do not tell him of this child, unless you want the child to go through the same thing," he nodded down at my blistering and painful arm. I gulped, realising that that was the truth - if I did stay here Endeavour was going to hurt my baby, his own sons baby. I had no other option, as much as it pained me.

I though back to that time often. It had been five years and during the first I was a horrible mess. It had been the most painful year of my life, and it made me wonder whether it was the right thing to do or not. 'Of course it was, Endeavour threatened to hurt Ryu if I didn't move away,' I scoffed internally. Our four year old, Ryu, was currently in primary school and I was waiting for him in the playground. He looked a lot like his fathers right side: he had metallic grey eyes, shiny white hair and an infectious playful smile. He had a mix of our quirks though, he could create shadow people that could shoot ice, basically having the ability to form his own army of right-sided Shoto's.

My heart ached for Shoto. Not a day had gone by where I didn't think of him or miss him terribly. Ryu would often come up to me and ask why I was crying, and sometimes that only made me cry more. I tried my best to put on a brave face for my son, but it was just too difficult sometimes.