45: The Third Trimester

Note: I enjoyed writing this oneshot immensely, mainly because I felt as though Shoto would act exactly like how he looks in that header during his partners pregnancy.

Requested by: soph_the_apple

Quirk: Carbon Armour

- Todoroki's POV -

I laid next to my beautiful girlfriend in our large double bed, watching her sleep peacefully. It was the first nights peaceful sleep she had gotten in a long time, thanks to the large bump in her belly always kicking. Our child definitely had (y/n)'s energy.

I remembered when she told me she was pregnant - it was fair to say I was shocked. I didn't necessarily handle it on the best possible way as I left to go on a walk without saying anything as soon as she had told me. When I returned home I felt nothing but guilt as she was on the floor crying her eyes out, thinking that I'd leave her but I assured her that I wouldn't, that I could never and that I wanted to stay by her and the baby's side forever. To make it up to her, I decided to surprise her the next day by re-decorating the study and turning it into a room for the baby, with the help of Uraraka and Midoriya.

Since that day though, I did everything I could to support her and our baby. After all, I was going to make sure I was nothing like my own father, in other words I was going to be a kind and supporting dad who treated his family with love and respect. Sometimes though, I couldn't help but have doubts, and become worried that I would do something wrong or that I'd be a bad father. Each time I thought this she would spend a while comforting me, which only made me love her even more.

I had bought almost every book about pregnancy, birth and fatherhood I saw, reading and re-reading them all multiple times to make sure I was ready for when (y/n) would go into labour. She was in her third trimester now, eight months to be specific, so her bump was big, but this had me slightly panicked as I was becoming a little overprotective of her which annoyed her sometimes but she understood why I was acting that way.

Slowly the sun came up and peeked through the gaps in the curtains, shining orange light onto our white bedspread. She squirmed a bit from the light, gently fluttering her eyes open and looking straight towards me with a soft smile. "Morning," she whispered, her voice slightly raspy.

"Morning," I replied, leaning over and kissing her forehead gently. When I pulled back she had her bright smile on, then snuggled into my side gently. "Sleep well?"

"For once, yeah," she said, burying her head into my side whilst rubbing her belly with her hand. I too placed my hand on top of her belly, feeling small movements inside of her which made me smile but her groan. "Only one month left," she scowled and I laughed a bit.

"Is being pregnant really that bad?" I asked teasingly.

"It has its perks. Like it automatically makes you responsible for going downstairs and making me a coffee," she said suggestively and I laughed at her hint, getting up and doing as told. When I finished I made my way back upstairs to see her getting out of bed.

"Whoa, where're you going?" I asked quickly, putting the coffee down and making my way over to her.

"Shoto I'm just going to the toilet," she laughed and I blushed a little at my overprotectiveness.

"Sorry," I mumbled but she just laughed.

"I think it's cute. But I can handle going to the loo by myself," she teased, pecking my cheek. "Thanks for the coffee!" She shut the door of our ensuite behind her and I collapsed back onto the bed, taking the coffee I had made myself. I had to go into the office later, most likely for a late night which was nothing shirt of frustrating as I wanted more than anything to be home with (y/n) and baby. As we didn't know the gender, we resorted to calling it 'baby'. "Are you alright?" Her voice came as she exited the bathroom.