33: A Lost Sense

Note: In this, (y/n) is blind. There are also three villains in this - one with an invisible hands quirk, one with a chain quirk and the other with a porcupine quirk (he has porcupine spikes down his back)

Requested by: Universal_Foxhound

Quirk: Plant Growth

 I was the first person with my disability to ever make it into UA. I was born blind, but had never truly had a problem seeing, as I could make out the spaces round me due to the feeling and the vibrations in the ground. I was always bare foot, making it so much easier for me to see. My quirk helped as well, as I could always figure out what natural organisms were around me or if I was in too much of a concreted area.

Naturally I had people that liked to poke fun at my disability. People liked to call me names, they liked to trip me up, they liked to send me in the wrong direction or make me run into a wall. I had grown up with this, but the few people (primarily my family) in my life that didn't make fun of me kept me happy and positive much to the bullies annoyance.

It was the confidence and motivation from my family that made me apply for UA, and I was incredibly surprised to hear All Mights voice from what my parents told me was a projection, saying that I had gotten into class 1-A. It was fair to say that my time at UA was eventful what with the USJ Attack, the Sports Festival, the Summer Camp, the internships and the Licence Exam, but it helped me develop so much with both my quirk and my disability. Now we were halfway through year two and I had been signed on by Kamui Woods' agency.

I walked to school in the morning from Heights Alliance with some of my closest friends in my class, us just chatting away. Suddenly I felt my ankle clash into someone else's, and it felt obvious by the way it was angled that they had stuck it out in front of me on purpose. I fell to the floor, grazing my knees slightly, muttering an 'ow' under my breath. The cackling soon told me it was Monoma who tripped me up, but he had had it in for me since the start of UA as he couldn't believe that a blind girl made it into the A class and he didn't.

"(y/n), you alright?" Todoroki's deep voice said beside me as he helped me up.

"Yes thanks, I'm okay," I brushed my knees clean of the dirt from the ground.

"Monoma! There was no need for that," Ochaco said, coming over to check if I was alright.

"If her eyes worked she would've been able to see where she was going! A blind hero, who ever heard of such a thing-,"

"Hey jerk, quit it! That's not a very manly thing to say!" Kirishima defended but Monoma simply carried on laughing, walking away.

"Bastard," I heard Todoroki mumble but I just laughed.

"Don't worry about it guys, really, he's just an idiot," I said, convincing them that I was fine. Todoroki stayed close as he always did, he was one of my more protective friends. I know he wasn't doing it because he thought I was incapable, but I didn't know why he liked to stay so close. Still, I wasn't complaining as I had grown to develop a small crush on the boy. Annoyingly though, I heard that because he was so good-looking, loads of girls in the school would fawn over him.

- Todoroki's POV -

As soon as that bastard had knocked her to the floor I was by her side, making sure she was okay. The feelings I had for (y/n) was more then friendship, I wanted to be her boyfriend, but I wasn't sure she'd feel the same way. I suppose one good thing about her being blind is that she didn't have to see my ugly scar. "Bastard," I scoffed under my breath as I pulled her up form the ground and sent a scowl towards the 2-B idiot. (y/n) just laughed and brushed it off, leading the way to class.