47: The Loveless Relationship

Start from the beginning

When it reached lunch break I packed up my bag, trying to snap myself from my glum state. I turned to head out of the classroom door but almost jumped out of my skin when I saw someone was standing directly behind me; not only that, but it was (y/n) of all people. "H-hey," I muttered, refusing to make eye contact.

"Todoroki... can I talk to you for a second?" She asked in a somewhat sad tone. I looked around the room and noticed that Bakugou was no where to be seen which confused me a little. "O-oh, Bakugou's gone to tutor Kirishima," she added quickly.

"Then sure," I agreed, albeit nervously. We left the classroom together and I followed her to someplace quieter. "So... what's wrong?"

"You've seemed very distant with me recently Todoroki... you're one of my closest friends, have I done something wrong? Have I done something to hurt you? If I have then I'm so sorry, please tell me what it is and I'll make it up to you-,"

"What? No! You haven't done anything wrong," I interrupted her and she sighed a little in relief.

"Then why have you been avoiding me? I- I really miss you, y'know," she mumbled, the tips of her hair turning grey which I knew meant that she felt a little sad. I didn't realise I was making her feel this way, and this made me a little guilty.

"Sorry- I just-," I had to think of a convincing lie as quickly as I could. "It's just stuff with my old man. Don't worry about it, he's just being a prick like always, taking his anger out on the three of us," I told a convincing lie.

"P-physically?" She panicked, a streak of yellow running through her hair.

"What? No, no not physically, just verbally, but it's still frustrating me," I said quickly, trying to calm her down. It worked as her hair went back to the pinky-red colour it usually was nowadays.

"Do you want to maybe have lunch together today?" She suggested carefully.

"Won't Bakugou blow my brains out?" I scoffed and she laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he won't," she smiled and I felt my heart beat a little faster.

"Then yeah, okay."

- Timeskip -

Another few months had passed and I would've thought that by now my feelings for (y/n) would have disappeared but they were growing stronger than ever. Recently however I had noticed that there seemed to be something off with her. She didn't smile nearly as much as she used to, and her usual pinky-red hair seemed to now be turning into more of a dull grey. The sparkle in her (e/c) eyes had gone and the gorgeous smile she used to wear all the time was now a rare treasure.

From afar I carefully watched, which may be considered stalker-ish but it helped me realise that there was something up between her and Bakugou. 'It was only a matter of time,' I thought to myself. He seemed to be controlling her, yet at the same time taking advantage of her. As we all lived in Heights Alliance now I was able to get a little more insight into their relationship.

From overhearing conversations I learnt that it always had to be Bakugou who made the decisions in their relationship. It was a rare occasion when (y/n) would get to do something that she wanted to do, this factor making me grit my teeth in annoyance. I realised as well that he was borderline controlling who she could have interactions with, and multiple times I had tried to stop him from pulling her away and shouting at her whilst she and I were simply having a conversation. It seemed as though she was only ever allowed to have conversation with his group of friends.

"As it's the weekend tomorrow, he's taking me to the local ice cream parlour tomorrow, I'm so excited," I overheard (y/n) say as half of the class were sat in the common room of Heights Alliance, supposedly studying but mainly just talking.