43: Her Monthly Problem

Start from the beginning

- Flashback Over -

Thinking back to that day always made me happy, so I clung onto her smaller body even tighter. Last night was the first time she had been over to my house, and I specifically waited for a weekend where my old man was away on business, meaning it was just Fuyumi in the house as Natsuo was at his girlfriends. It was also the first time (y/n) had met Fuyumi, and I thought it was adorable how nervous she was, but I knew the two of them would get along really well.

I kissed her top covered shoulder whilst she slept, her groaning slightly in her sleep. As a couple we had kissed and made out heatedly but the furthest we had gone was me playing with her breasts. I wanted to go a little bit further with her, perhaps not all the way yet but I also didn't want to force her into anything, so we kept things at a slow pace, hence why we were both wearing pyjamas to bed.

Suddenly however I felt something oddly wet up against my knee. I furrowed my eyebrows, slightly confused. I pulled back the covers and to my horror I saw blood, and a lot of it. Immediately panic filled me, as I saw it on her pyjamas bottoms, it leaking onto my futon as well. 'What the hell is this?!?' I screamed in my head, immediately shaking (y/n)'s shoulder, desperate for her to wake up. "(y/n)? (y/n), wake up!" I said directly in her ear but she just groaned again.

"I don't wanna," she growled threateningly under her breath, turning away from me and burying her head in the pillow and falling back to sleep. I had no idea what to do, there was so much blood and completely panicked I stood up, left my room and ran to get Fuyumi's help.

"Fuyumi!" I shouted loudly as I entered the kitchen, seeing her there with a cup of tea in her hands.

"Shoto? What's wrong? Is that blood?" She asked, her eyes wide and I looked down at my knee. I quickly took a paper towel from the kitchen counter and wiped it away.

"It's (y/n)! She's bleeding, bleeding a lot!" I shouted desperately.

"W-what? What happened?" Now she was panicked.

"I don't know, but there's bloodstains on her shorts a-and on the futon-,"

"Wait... on her shorts? Her pyjama shorts?" She asked and I nodded.

"I tried waking her up but she just growled at me and went back to sleep, you have to help me-," I stopped when I saw her laughing. "What are you laughing about?!"

"Shoto she's probably just on her period," Fuyumi said nonchalantly and I froze.

"Her period? As in the monthly thing girls go through?"

"Yes Shoto," she continued to laugh.

"But there's so much blood!" I exclaimed.

"I'll come and check on her with you," Fuyumi said, leading the way towards my bedroom. When we got there we crept in and I gently pulled the covers off of (y/n). "Yes Shoto, she's just on her period."

"Women bleed that much?! That's- that's-," I was frankly shocked. I could hear (y/n) groan again and shift slightly, so I gently put the covers back over her, not wanting to wake her. "How do you-,"

"Shoto calm down, it's natural, she's going to go through this every month," Fuyumi said.

"Every month?" I was still worried. "But- how- why-," I couldn't really think of anything to say, which just made Fuyumi laugh again.

"Listen, when she wakes up she's going to be in a lot of pain, she's likely to be very emotional and she'll be embarrassed about leaking onto your futon particularly as it's her first time here. So you're going to wake her up gently, tell her gently and then take her to the shower so she can clean up. You're going to change your futon whilst she's gone and put the sheets in the wash. She'll be in pain, so comfort her-,"