Chapter 18

Charli's POV:
I was laying with Chase in bed and he was fast asleep but I just couldn't. My mind wouldn't stop racing about would could happen. I decided to text Thomas to see if he was awake because he was like an older brother to me and I knew I could talk to him about anything.

Charli:
U up?

Thomas:
I am now
wassup?

Charli:
I just need to talk

Thomas:
Okay I'm coming

I got out of bed quietly trying not to wake up Chase and went into the hallway. Thomas had just got there and I ran and jumped into his arms. He held me there for a while and I felt so safe in his big arms, I always have.

You see my childhood was always a bit messed up and mine and Thomas' families were always close. Thomas has been there for me and Dixie since we were really young through the good and the bad times. He pretty much is our brother.

He put me down and said "what's been going on Char? You know you can talk to me about anything".
"I know I can but you know me, I don't like to be the cause of problems and lately I just seem to be bringing trouble to everyone else."
"I know you don't like to but sometimes you need to tell people about your issues and I get the feeling that I should really know about what's going on right now."

He's probably right. I should definitely tell him about this. It's just not that easy and I need to think about how to tell him. Whatever way this comes out, he's going to be angry but I don't know what else to do.

"So will you tell me?" He said. I took a deep breath "yes". I slid down the wall to sit on the floor and he sat next to me. I still didn't know where to start and I probably sat there for a few minutes not saying anything. I'm glad he's being patient though.

I decided the best way to go was just to show him. So I slowly lifted up my pant leg to reveal the many bruises covering it. I looked at him to see his reaction and all the colour had drained from his face. "W...wha...what happened? Where else are they?" He questioned in shock. "They're everywhere" he gulped at my response. "How? Who did this to you?" He asked. This was the part I wasn't looking forward to. "Umm... there was a doctor... at the hospital. He...Umm... he"
"Tell me Charli!" I could tell he was getting angrier. "He... beat me. Every day" Thomas' fists clenched into a ball. "He said he knew my dad, and if I told anyone what he was doing, he would tell him where I was". Thomas didn't say anything, he didn't even look at me. "I was scared Thomas, I couldn't tell anyone" by now I was completely crying. "So let me get this straight, you have been at a hospital all week with a doctor physically beating you everyday and you couldn't tell anyone because he threatened you with your dad?" I nodded in response. "Charli this isn't right, this doctor can't get away with this"
"But what can we do? I can't risk my dad finding me Thomas!"
"I don't know what to do Charli but this is serious and you should have told me sooner. Does Chase know?"
"Chase knows about the doctor and the bruises but he doesn't know about my dad" I said.
"Why not? surely he should know about your past, considering you're in a serious relationship"
"But I'm scared Thomas, what if he finally realises how much of a burden I am to him. I can't lose Chase, he's all I have" I said but Thomas shook his head in disapproval.
"First of all Chase just isn't like that, he helped me through some shit when I first moved out here to California and I don't even think he is capable of thinking of you in a negative way. Chase would do anything for you and I think you know that. So why don't you trust him?"
"It's not that I don't trust him, I'm just not ready to let all my past out there. I've pushed it all back so far that it hurts me to pull it back up"
"I get that - you've been through a lot but I think it would do you some good to tell him"
"Yeah... I'm just... not ready" I said with I sigh.
"I understand" he said and opened his arms for a hug. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him.
"Thanks for telling me Char" he said.

Thomas's POV:
I honestly don't know what to do but now I understand why Chase was so angry when we left the hospital. I don't want to ever get involved with her Dad again but I can't just let this go. That doctor deserves to be punished, not only for what he did to Charli but to make sure he doesn't do it to any other patients. But at the moment, I need to think of what's best for Charli. She's had it rough her entire life and pain just never seems to end for her. I'm glad she's found Chase but I really think she needs to open up more to him. I trust him with her and, with Charli's past experiences, that surprises me.

But in regards to the whole doctor, I don't think I can deal with this myself. Charli and Dixie's parents only let them come out to California because I'd be here and they trust me a lot. I feel like I've let them down. In the month that they've been here, Dixie got cheated on by Griffin, Charli almost got raped, nearly developed a serious eating disorder and got abused by a doctor for a week. I feel like I'm letting everyone down and I don't know what to do for the best.

A/N:
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter - it was probably really boring but oh well. Next chapter is going to be a LONG one and will have all the answers in.

Word count: 1056