All In

Danny:

I stood there staring at my dresser, trying to find a bathing suit for the Avenue Hill Marching Band BBQ. I don't know if I should wear a bikini top and board shorts or a tankini.

"Danny we leave in twenty!" Mikey screamed from downstairs. Screw it! I am just closing my eyes and choosing. I counted to three and grabbed the first suit I touched. I opened my eyes, slowly to gaze upon the baby blue bikini top. I quickly changed into the top and slid on my grey shorts to match. I waltzed out of the room to see Mikey drop his mouth at the sight of me, "No! go change into something else!" he said rather loudly.

"No, I like this suit!" I yelled back. Slipping on my vans t-shirt and white jean shorts.

"Fine. This, I'm hoping is not all for a certain boy," he lifted his eyebrows and smirked.

"No! I just decided to wear this suit," I slapped his shoulder and slipped my blue ray bands into my dark brown hair. We arrived about ten minutes late to the party, making us some of the last people to arrive. I sat on the beach watching the waves break. I stretched out my legs and looked at my feet in the sand.

"Hey, Danny! Come join us for volleyball!" Ed called over and I shook my head and looked back at the ocean, "Don't be a party pooper! Yo Jackson!" Ed said and as soon as I heard those words, I took off running at top speed. Sadly, it was not fast enough for Amazon-legged Jackson. I was scooped into the air and into his arms. He threw me over his shoulder and tossed me into the salty ocean waters. Once I resurfaced, Jackson was standing in front of me with a cocky smirk on his face. I laughed but still lunged at him because I was mad.

"Danny!" he screamed and I pushed him down into the water. Sadly, I didn't think this all the way through. He grabbed my hands and I landed on top of him. His muscles tightened below me and he had a wild smile planted on his face. I took in a deep breath and got up, "I'm sorry." he said grabbing my hand.

"It's okay," I said, wringing out my hair. We sat down where I was before and just talked. I was mostly dry and most of the band was out on the grass dancing.

"Do you want to dance?" Jackson asked, holding his hand out for me to take, but shook my head. "Why not?" he whined. Standing up and stomping his left foot.

"Ha! Because I can't dance," I laughed and stood up.

"Please just one dance? For me?" he begged, holding out his hand once more. I took it and was pulled into the crowd of sweaty band teenagers. I held Jackson's hands and started to dance to the upbeat music.

Three songs later, Jackson and I left the dancing crowd and we walked hand in hand down the beach. He leaned down and picked up a rock.

"Do you know how to skip?" I shook my head and he tossed the rock which glided across the surface of the water three times, "It's pretty easy to learn, here." he placed a rock in my right hand, "You got this!" Jackson cheered for me as if I was about to compete in the Olympics. I stared at the rock for a minute to try and understand how the heck Jackson defied the laws of physics with a simple little rock. It was small, flat, and impossibly smooth. It was a perfect little rock. Gosh, I really hope I don't mess this up. I looked out to the ocean, moved my arm back, and...plop! The rock met the whitewater of a wave that just curled and sank almost immediately. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Without a word, Jackson took me a little further down the coast as we went on a scavenger hunt for the next rock I would fail at skipping across the ocean.

"Aha!" Jackson found another beautiful rock and handed it to me. I was about to throw into the water like the last one when Jackson came behind me and guided my arm through the motions, "Alright, so you just have to move your arm like this, and launch the rock with not too much or little force! Ready? One...two...three!" I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I saw my rock happily skid and jump across the ocean a few times, "Danny you did it! I knew you could!"