Sixth Dress Is the Charm

Danny:

I flipped the last pancake onto the plate and set it on the kitchen table. Man, waking up early on a Saturday is no fun, but it's worth it to try and get back on Mikey's good side.

"Morning, Mom. Breakfast is ready," I whispered as my mom walked towards me down the hall.

"Morning Daniella," I groaned at the name she called me, before she continued, "You never make breakfast. And so early in the morning...is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine Mom, you have nothing to worry about. Let's just get everyone down here to enjoy the food," I said cooly. My mom doesn't need to know, since this will all blow over soon. At least I hope it does. My mom walked upstairs to wake up my stepdad and Mikey.

"Good morning, Honey! Morning, Michael! Look! Daniella made the whole family breakfast!" my stepdad gave me a kiss on the forehead and I received a cold look from Mikey.

"I'm not hungry, Mom. I'll just stay in my room," Mikey said, closing the door to his room.

"But sweetie, your little sister made all this food! Surely you can eat at least a few bites! And if not, the least you could do is sit with your family," my mom pleaded.

Mikey opened his door and shouted, louder than I've ever heard before, " I SAID I'M FINE! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M GOING FOR A DRIVE!" and with that, his bedroom door slammed shut, he ran down the stairs, grabbed the keys, and just left. Just like that. This is gonna take more than a good breakfast to mend. I know I'm telling the truth, so why can't he just listen and believe me? After a long and awkward breakfast, I had to have my mom drive me to school for practice since my ride disappeared to who knows where. About halfway through rehearsal, Mikey was still nowhere to be seen and I started to get worried. During a water break, I went up and asked Nick if he heard from Mikey. To my surprise, Nick said he got a voicemail from him saying he was sick, so all I can do is hope he comes back by tonight.

"Alright everyone, we've only got ten minutes left of practice! Let's run it from the top, and if y'all do good enough for my standards, I might just let you out on time!" Harry said into his mic. As we played through the show, I heard two voices cheering at the top of their lungs from the bleachers. Of course, Adam and Georgie showed up early to support Jackson and me. Since that day Georgie attacked Adam with a slushie, the four of us have been hanging out at lunch every day. We go support Georgie at her cheer competitions, and Adam at his cross country meets. And they, being great friends, always cheer us on at band comps. Georgie came up with the idea for our little group to go together to Homecoming, to which we all unanimously decided was the best idea of the school year. Anyways, Adam volunteered to drive us to the mall after practice today to find our outfits for the dance.

We all piled into Adam's silver Honda Fit and headed to the mall. When we made it to the mall, Jackson and Adam went to a tux store, and we headed to our mall's hub for fancy dresses.

"Okay, so rule number one; only pick a max of five dresses at once," Georgie said as she flipped through the racks, pulling dresses for both of us. Soon I had an arm-full of dresses that were weighing me down. I walked into the dressing room and started to go dress by dress to choose the one for the perfect night, "Okay, let me see the first dress!" Georgie said cheerfully.

"Okay," I said uneasily. I walked out in a baby blue dress that was really tight around my legs, "I don't like it, it looks and feels weird," I said looking in the mirror.

"I agree with you. Next dress!" I slid into a pink dress that barely covered my butt. I walked out and looked at Georgie. She fell off the chair and was laughing on the floor.

"A simple no would've sufficed." I tried on a couple more and they all felt weird or made me look like a hooker. About six dresses later I finally put on a maroon, thigh-length dress, strapless, and fit me perfectly. I spun around a couple of times and then pranced out of the dressing room.