Chapter 9 - End Of Breaking Dawn p.2

Book: Together
Chapter 9
Word Count: 3067

Lilliana's POV

I sat with my head resting on Jasper's chest as we sat at our special place at the cliff's edge. I enjoyed our peaceful moments like that. Embry had immediately agreed to look after Rosie while we went.

I sat up, turning to look at Jasper. He looked down at me, smiling softly.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." I whispered, smiling back. "It's just... thank you for coming into my life like you did. Even though we've been through tons of obstacles to get us to where we are now, I'm glad we did. I don't know where I'd be if you weren't here with me right now, you changed everything for me. You've quite literally saved my life. I love you so much. Which is why I can't wait to find out where life takes us in the future. I have my perfect family. A husband who I love more than life itself, a daughter who I never have to say goodbye to, a sister who has been there for me through every step of the way, parents who have loved me through everything, and... a true family. I--"

But I was cut off by Jasper's lips on mine, I immediately kissed back.

"I love you too." Jasper whispered back. But he must've known what I was thinking, even though he wasn't the mind reader. "Go. I know you want to."

And I did want to. I kissed him one last time before jumping up and flashing to the Cullen residence. All of our witnesses had already left, and I saw Bella with Edward, Jake and Ness. I walked over.

"Hey Eddy, Jake, Ness." I hugged all three of them, Ness grinned up at me. "I hope you don't mind if I steal my sister from you real quick."

They all shook their heads, so I grabbed Bella's hand and pulled her away. We ended up at the field where the battle had taken place earlier that day. The snow was already melting away. We sat down on the ground.

"I can't believe we're here." I sighed.

"You're the one who brought us here." Bella joked, nudging me.

"No." I giggled. "Here. Think about how our lives have been since the day we came to live with Dad in Forks." So, we did, reminiscing in old memories. "Can I try something?" When Bella nodded, I grabbed her hand.

I had learnt a trick...

I projected my shield onto Bella, and because she had the same gift, our shields mixed and allowed me to project my memories into her mind. We both smiled as my memories flashed in both of our eyes.

Memories/flashbacks

"Bells? You remember Jacob Black, right?" I questioned. Bella furrowed her eyebrows but then I saw that realization washed over her, and she nodded.

"Oh, right! Yeah, I remember. You were the guy who kept throwing snowballs at me every Christmas with Lily when I tried to read." Bella playfully glared, with a small smile. I smirked and Jake and I chuckled.

---

Bella hit a poor boy in the head on the other side of the room. Bella ran over to apologise to the boy, and I also went over just as Bella and the boy shook hands.

"I'm sorry about her. She's... Too clumsy for her own good." I joked with a smirk. Bella gave me a small glare. The boy turned to me and smiled.

---

"Who are those guys?" Bella questioned. I followed her gaze and my eyes eventually landed on a group of people as they began to enter the cafeteria.