13.

Brother's Love

Storm

ANGER, denial, confusion swirled in me as the boy looked at mom in amusement.

"I'm not surprised he raised you like this. He was dead set to raise you two in a cruel manner, you'd think he'd have learned." Mom spoke as I looked over at her. She wasn't denying it either which made me even more uneasy.

Aki grabbed the back of my shirt and I looked at him before returning my gaze. Mom took a deep breath as she turned to him.

"What are you doing here Schuyler?" Mom turned back to him her eyes focused on him.

The boy: Schuyler smiled up at mom. "What do you think I am doing here in this little town? Visiting?" Schuyler laughed as he looked back up. "There is a werewolf here with a bounty on his head. I came to collect said bounty." Schuyler watched Keilah who glared at him.

"Oh, don't look so sad, the bounty isn't on you. Surprisingly." Schuyler smirked.

"You collect bounties now?" Mom asked looking very irritated.

"I collect whatever gives me money. Why does it matter to you anyway? I'm taking care of one less unstable werewolf in the world." Schuyler glared at mom.

"Or the unstable werewolf will take care of one less cocky ass hunter who thinks he can take on the world despite being human." Keilah muttered giving Schuyler a glare. No one here seemed to like him, Aki and I at least had a reason. Bastard had shot us.

"I know your guys weaknesses, being human doesn't make me weak." Schuyler clenched his fists as he watched Keilah.

"Let me jog your memory a little. You are in a house full of supernatural. You attempted to shoot a werewolf, I mean you probably could have killed her, she is a newer to this. But you failed that. You couldn't kill a werewolf who isn't even that big of a threat yet, hell you got yourself captured on top of it. The only luck you seem to have is not being captured by supernatural who would just kill you instead of ask questions." Schuyler silently watched Keilah.

Keilah's little speech stunned the little bitch into silence for a moment. Then he got ballsey again.

"I could of have killed her if I put an extra bullet in him. Last time I checked she was the one on the ground not me." Schuyler looked over at Aki whose eyes widened.

"Listen here you little shit!" I had never seen Aki's temper snap before until then. "You don't have the power to take someone like me down. You could have loaded me with bullets and I still would have gotten up," Aki appeared right in front of Schuyler looking livid.

"Oh, and if you did manage to kill her, I'd done of a bit more than just knock your ass out." I went up to Aki and pulled him back as Schuyler watched him silently.

Aki was working up to just punching Schuyler in the face. As much as I'd like him to just punch him, we didn't need a fight breaking out. Aki took a deep breath as he stood behind me once more while mom looked back at Schuyler.

"What do you plan to do with me?" Schuyler asked watching mom.

She turned back over to me. "You can go back to your room now Storm. Keilah and I will handle this." Aki grabbed my arm and guided me away from Schuyler and the rest.

I went to my room as Aki turned to me. "Will you be good here?" Aki asked.

I nodded. Despite my nod I still felt myself attempting to recover from the fact that I have a literal brother. "Yeah I'll be fine here Aki. You can go back home." I told him giving him a smile.