40.

Where Loyalty Lies

Araya

ONCE more Storm and I sat in the library the day after Schuyler was attacked. She was hunched over her work quickly writing over it.

"So, how are things at home?" I asked and Storm glanced up.

"Fine, I guess. Schuyler's bite is stable. . . Diana and Keilah are coming over to help him. They're going to assist him if he ends up turning. Considering who bit him they're trying to make sure he stays as stable and sane as possible." Storm told me.

"Is there a chance he won't turn?" I asked.

"He a seventy five percent chance of turning and twenty-five of it's just a bite that is going to need be treated. But it puts a bunch of risks up including him being bit and turning as a guarantee. Not to mention the odds are in the favor of him turning." Storm murmured keeping her head down.

"I'm sure he'll get through it; your brother is quite stubborn." I told her with a smile.

"Yeah, that he is. He's worse than I was at his age." Storm mused before shaking her head. "Your right, he'll get through this if he does turn." Storm said looking up.

"I'm sorry about your brother." I told her.

"Not your fault, it's no one's fault really besides maybe my own. It's not even Issei's fault. I told him and he took the risk. He obviously had a different view of Valentine considering he was confident enough to go in there." Storm told me.

"It's not your fault. The only one at fault would be Valentine, he had a choice regardless of where his sanity may be." I told her and Storm nodded.

"Yeah, he had a choice and so do I. Next time I see him I'm going to rip his fucking head off regardless of what ceremony I may be completing by killing someone." Storm muttered her eyes glowing gold for a moment.

"Ceremony?" I asked and Storm sighed.

"There's a sort of coming-of-age ceremony for most werewolves or a prove yourself to the turned ones. It's called blooding I believe. You kill someone, human or supernatural, extra points if you're defending something. You become more Intune with your wolf and more dangerous after. Most have already gone through it." Storm explained.

"And you haven't?" I asked.

Storm shook her head. "I didn't exactly want to kill anyone, nor have to get to know my wolf, but now me and her are on decent terms," Storm paused.

She looked over at me. I smiled at her. "Is there a reason behind that?" I asked.

Storm sighed before she nodded. "First year after escaping Keilah I sort of went at mercy to my wolf. I let her run everything until I ended up in Willows and found my mom, then you and Aki. She started becoming a burden and I locked her away. Needless to say, she wasn't happy, but I'm fixing that. Blooding, or killing someone would completely solidify a bond between us. I'd be as graceful and easy to shift as Keilah and Diana." Storm told me.

"Is it hard to shift?" I asked.

"When it's not the full moon it hurts more than it should. Sometimes she doesn't want to come out, and instead of being one person, we are two separate beings. She should be a conscious of mine, the wolf that makes an instinct instead she's sort of like a mutual benefitting parasite right now. Only time the shift is completely fluid the way it should be is on the full moon." Storm explained.

Storm and I had a similar situation. She spent years fighting her wolf and a spent almost a year with half a spirit. Akiya had my other half until we gave it back and each got a sliver of the other.