44.

Special Bonds

Araya

AS Ren led us into the asylum cafeteria it became how obvious on how little I meant to them. The only use I have is as my father's daughter and he didn't have quite a good track record anymore. The only useful one now is Akiya.

Daiki stayed close at my side watching Ren. When we came through the cafeteria doors my eyes gravitated to the kitsunes sitting at the front of the steps.

They looked to be in their mid-twenties. They wore modern clothing unlike some of the nogitsunes here. By dad's uncomfortable face I took a guess that those two were the kitsune twins who could become a problem.

At the front of the cafeteria sat Miki and Jack. Miki was eating sushi when Ren came in. She looked up quite bored before her eyes lit up upon seeing our ragtag group.

Issei remained behind Daiki and I while dad had Akiya behind him. Akiya had managed to text Nightshade and Storm before Ren took it away. All we could do now is hope that they would get here in time.

As of right now the only ones we could depend on here to put up a fight would be dad and Daiki. Even then those twins are the biggest threats.

I hadn't thought of mom in a while but anger flood me knowing she left. If she had been here, we probably could have handled ourselves. Hell, we probably could've been out of this situation by now. But now we have to play it by our rules.

Daiki remained firmly in front of me his right hand holding mine. Miki stepped down and headed over.

"Daiki my darling. You've returned." Miki mused a smile crossing her face.

Daiki refused to walk anywhere towards her. Hurt crossed Miki's face she quickly masked it up. "Not of my free will." Daiki bitterly responded as Miki took a deep breath.

"And I assume you aren't here in good faiths are you Raiden?" Miki asked.

"I've had one desire for the past two decades and that is my children. Not what you want nor have." Dad responded as I held onto Daiki's shirt. His arm held mine as he kept me in sight.

I could feel his mother giving me a nasty look.

She definitely didn't like me. I couldn't figure out why she didn't like me. What could I have done to her? The only thing I could think of would-be Daiki. Daiki had abandoned her for me. He had stayed with me and completely forgot about his mom. She didn't like me because of that as well as other reasons.

Dad had managed to get Akiya without much struggle but after me was when everything descended back into chaos. After I had been taken was when everything went wrong. Miki blamed me for it no doubt.

"Mm that may be so Raiden, but I believe me helping you means you help me and as far as I'm concerned, you're one of the reasons Daiki left." Miki responded.

"Mom, no one is responsible for that besides me. I chose what I wanted." Daiki quickly spoke up as Miki turned her gaze over to her son. Irritation fluttered across her face upon seeing Daiki standing against her.

"Are you sure Daiki? I do believe you were on a suppressant." Miki taunted.

"And now it's gone mother. I'm still here. What I do is none of your concern." Daiki responded.

"Seems like someone may need another lesson in respect." Jack mused from besides Miki as I stood behind Daiki holding his hand.

I glanced behind me where the two twins were leaned up against the wall. The female twin was a bit shorter and had black hair in a pixie cut while the male twin was a few inches taller and had a similar hair but in a more masculine style.