Chappie 14: Tears

Massive shout out to britty_bunny for her amazing support and gorgeous comments and inboxes! Made my day when I opened Wattpad to find a nice message from her!

Without further ado, le Chappie 14: Tears

 For a moment. Just a moment. I forgot him. I forgot basically the past 3 weeks. Before Trent. Before Blake. Before Chase. Before the Blood Moon Pack.

 It felt like I was a rogue again. Wandering the woods, wondering if or when I will have my next meal. It was that sense of vulnerability that brought this out of me I think.

 I felt like that lost, 14 year old girl again. The one still haunted and tainted by the evil hand of Xavier. The one so emotionally broken she built herself a wall so high nobody could climb it. And when Nash did. When Nash brought back some feeling, not of love, but comfort, I finally felt like everything was normal. When he betrayed me, it showed me that everything is not as it seems in this world. Now it feels as if I have to keep Blake trapped inside my protective walls and yet again build them so high nobody can hurt us.

 The 14 year old girl I once was, but now feels foreign, had just been broken. She was newly exposed to this whole world and the dangers it so forcefully brings forward. She had just been to hell and back and could still find beauty on Satan’s lair.

 That’s how I felt now. After being broken countless times by Trent’s pack, and then being brought into this place after barely seeing sunlight for God knows how long I was there, made me feel like it was the first time I had ventured into the woods alone.

 It’s ironic isn’t it? The thought of the young girl being the wolf rather than being eaten by one.

 My legs collapsed from exhaustion and I fell like timber to the ground. When my legs caved in, so did my emotional walls. I let all the pain I had been feeling for the past few years rush out of me like a dam wall breaking. Tears ran like waterfalls down my face and stung my bashed and grazed cheeks. I cried and cursed until it physically hurt to anymore. I felt so drained and dead to the world.

 I just wanted to cover myself in the leaves I lay on and never come out again. To become an inanimate object and observe the world around me change so drastically.

“Moon Goddess, I beg of you. Tell me why. Tell me why it had to be my father that died. Why did it have to be Xander’s dad that took over the pack when he died? Why did Mum stay silent the whole time? Why did Xander do what he did to me? Why did the rogues kidnap me? Why did I have to find Blake the way I did? Why was I the one who was caught up in Trent’s vengeance plan? Why am I so broken? Tell me!” I screamed the last part into the air.

Somehow more tears managed to spill out of my eyes.

I feel… so much… and yet I feel… nothing.

Blake’s POV

“Sir, we broke through the enemy campsite. We found evidence of Summer, some of the prisioners admitted to her being there for the duration of the absence, but she wasn’t there. Trent has been held captive in the most secure prisons we have. It is up to you to decide if or when the execution date is” Chase said to me. I was immobile, too sick to get out of bed. I was dying because my wolf was dying.

It tore me apart that I couldn’t raid the camp myself and look for Summer. I felt her pain the whole time. Well, a percentage of it anyway. The sick bastards tortured her so much. My wolf and myself were so angry we almost tore down the pack house.

It’s my fault. It’s my entire fault. She was just warming up to me, we were slowing becoming proper mates, and we could have had pups. We could have ruled the Blood Moon Pack together and conquered. But she’s gone. I know she’s alive… somewhere out there. But I don’t know for how much longer.

“Send everyone who’s not scheduled to be on patrols for the next 3 days to go out and search for her. I will contact neighbouring packs to ask for permission to enter their land.”

“Use your gift Chase. Find her scent from the camp site and bring her back to me” I looked him dead in the eye. He nodded once and left my side.

I sent a silent prayer to the Moon Goddess that she would guide Summer into the arms of one of my pack members or Chase. I need her back.