"I am listening, "I tell her.

"May I come in?" she asked and I let her in. Liz is soo going to throw a fit for letting her into the house and I better get ready for it.

"Wait, this is not our house? What have you done with the place?" she asked looking around.

"It's called refurnishing. Let us just say I couldn't live in the house where everything reminded me of you." I told her honestly.

"Fair enough. First, I am sorry for what I did to you. It was very bad and I regret it." she said.

"You came from New York to apologize after ten months? Don't you think it's way too late for that? I asked.

"In my defense, I came by before I left for New York but Liz wouldn't let me see you," she said.

"That was for the best. Which brings me to my next question, why are you here Rose?" I asked.

"To apologize and to ask for another chance. I know I messed up big time but all I need is a chance to prove that I love you, that I have always loved you," she said.

I have to admit that my heart did little somersaults and I hate the fact that she still affected me.

"Says the girl who didn't even think twice about divorcing me so that she can be with her true love? What happened to Reid?"I asked.

"We didn't work out. After all these years, we realized that we are not the same people we used to be back in the day and we couldn't accept each other. I guess he wanted the old me back and not the person I am today." she replied.

"Let me guess, the old you was less manipulative? Look, it's too late for an apology and I am already over what happened that I am with someone else." I told her.

"Wait, what? Who? How can you be with someone else? It hasn't even been that long." she questioned.

"It has been ten months, that is long enough for someone to move on," I said.

"You still didn't tell me who," she said.

"Because I don't see how it is any of your business. If you have said all you have to say, then leave. I can't be an option to you Rose. You thought that I would just be here hoping and waiting for you to come back to me if things don't work out?" I asked.

"It's Liz, isn't it? I knew it! My suspicions have been right all along. From the beginning, even when you were with me, it has always been her. She has always been the one for you and the only reason you used to deny it is because it was one-sided and now that she glanced in your direction you jumped? What did I expect, for as long as I have known, you were always asking how high whenever Liz asks you to jump." she said.

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Are you with her because she was there when I left? You are just looking for comfort in her, am I right? I mean you probably think that because she has always been there for you during your dark days, she will not break your heart? Please." she said.

"At least with her, I don't have to worry about her one true love to show up and take her. As for you, what if another Reid comes along? You going to pack your bags just like last time?" I asked.

"No. I will not rest until I get you back. I might have been a fool once and let you go, but not again and I definitely will not let Liz have what is rightfully mine." she said getting furious.

"Do whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the decision lies in my hands," I tell her.

She sat for a while quietly and I did the same. I had said all I had to say and so does she.