Chapter 27

Liz's POV

I went to bed exhausted because it has been a very long day. A lot has happened and as much as I am glad Erastus stopped me from leaving for London, I would have loved to escape this place. Leaving would have had a major impact on me because I knew that Erastus would've never forgiven me if I bailed on his wedding. He used the statement I use most of the time and I wasn't too thrilled that my words were being used against me. A promise is a promise.

The following day was the eve of the wedding and I woke up very excited. I was going to work on my plans on getting back at Rose so that next time she thinks twice before messing with me. Yes, a part of me feels bad, but a whole bigger part of me didn't even care whether she felt bad or not. She doesn't care whether she makes me feel worse and like a failure at my marriage, so why do I even have to care about her? She is so selfish and I know something or let me say in her own words, I know where it hurts her the most. I freshened up, brushed my teeth put on a Jean, a bright red top, and sneakers. I made my way to the kitchen because I was hungry, I don't remember having dinner last night because too much happened. There are moments where I forget to eat or maybe I just don't realize that I am hungry when I am angry, hurt, or nervous. My emotions just get the best of me that I don't feel anything else.

Approaching the kitchen I could smell something burning but I didn't feel the urge to rush to the kitchen. It's not like Erastus is good at the kitchen stuff, so I won't be surprised if he burnt something again. I entered and saw Erastus face-timing Rose while the pan with bacon was on fire. I quickly rushed to the stove, turned it off, and put the burning pan in the sink under running water.

"I get that you are on the phone will your wife-to-be, but can you try not to burn the house," I shouted taking the phone from him so he looks at the damage he has done.

"Hello?! Can't you see we are busy having a conversation here? Give the phone back." Rose said.

"Sorry, I forgot that there was a pan on the stove. How bad is the damage?" I screamed he asked.

"Well, the pan is toast for sure, but at least the fire alarm didn't go off or there would be firemen at the door by now," I told him. I put the phone on the counter and checked the stove for any burns.

"Liz, if everything is all good there, do you mind giving the-" I didn't wait for her to finish, I just hung up on her and give the phone back to Erastus. He was looking at me in disbelief as if he was coming to terms with what I just did. He didn't say anything, he just looked at me like I just signed my death sentence. I rushed out the moment I saw him stand up, grabbed the first car keys I could find, and closed the door behind me. I got into my car, just to realize I took his car keys instead of mine. I got out just to find him leaning against his car with my car keys in his hands. Shoot!

"Now, what do I do with you, Liz? Why did you do that?" he asked.

"Do you want to hear the answer to that?" I asked.

"I think I do, or else I wouldn't be asking," he said.

"Because I can't stand her." I regretted my answer the moment the words left my mouth.

"You don't get to do that. I get that you two don't get along but why would you hang up the call? She was talking to you because you took my phone from me, but that wasn't your call to make." he said.

"Fine. I apologize. Can I leave now, or can I have my car keys?" I asked.

"I will, as soon as you apologize to me."

"I just apologized to you seconds ago? What else do you want?" I asked.

"I still didn't hear the word sorry coming from your mouth and until you say so I am staying put," he said.