Chapter 20

Liz's POV

Someone shook the bed abruptly and I woke up immediately. I hate the person already. "What?" I screamed because that wasn't the nicest way to be woken up. "Hey, sleepyhead. You might want to wake and freshen up because dinner is in 20 minutes and some of mom's guests are here." Mark said pulling my leg. "Mark I hate you, so stop. I only need five minutes to freshen up. Get lost." I said. He laughed. "I am sure you do but I thought I should give you a heads up, mom invited Gabriel, you might want to put on something nice," he said with a weird look on his face.

"Which Gabriel?"I asked with a serious face. That got me out of bed in a millisecond. "I think there's only one person who once dated a Gabriel in this house, and yes, it's that Gabriel," he said laughing.
He left immediately after that and I was fuming. Why would mom invite him over for dinner?

I decided to video call Erastus because I don't even know why I didn't want to go to the dining room. He picked up after the first ring. "Hi there. How is it in the big apple?" He said after picking up.

"Get me the hell out of here," I said.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Gabriel is here. As in my house right now." I said.

"The jack *ss you dated in high school?" he asked.

"To you, everyone I dated is just a jack *ss and yes the very same one," I said shrugging.

"Why?" he asked frowning.

"I don't know. I will find out when I go down for dinner." I said

"Okay, then go down and find out what the jack *ss wants." he told me and continued, "you might want to put on something nice."

"Why does everybody keep telling me that?" I asked annoyed and heading for my closet and I could hear him laughing. I put on jeans and my brother's t-shirt. I came back to the video call.

"Is that what you are wearing?" he asked.

"Yes. It's my ex from high school that is downstairs, not someone I am trying to impress." I said hanging up on him. He says too much crap at times.

I went into the dining room and every seat was already taken except the one next to Gabriel my mother's doing. I went to greet my aunt Katherine and my cousins Simone and Jakob. I sat down, said hi to everyone and I can see my brothers trying their best to hide their laughter. I hate them so much.

"So Liz, how long are you staying?" Aunt Kathy asked.

"Just a few days, I have to be back at work on Monday," I replied trying my best to concentrate on my food and ignoring the way Gabriel is starring at me.

"So, I heard what happened and I am sorry about that," she said.
Looks like everybody knows what happened to me and I wasn't even the one to tell them.
"Thanks, Aunty," I said briefly.

"So Gabriel just lives across the street, and he helps me out when your brothers are not home." mom started.

"I am sure he does." I retorted. I regretted the words when they were already out of my mouth and everyone just looked at me for a while. I didn't direct that to my mom for goodness sake!

"So maybe you two should catch up, maybe he can show you where he works and have lunch." mom suggested.
You have got to be kidding me!

"Yes, or are you busy tomorrow?" Gabriel asked.

"Yes, I am busy. Malea and the kids are coming over tomorrow and we are having lunch together." I said.
I gave my brothers a cry-for-help stare, asking them to bail me out here but no, this was just a comedy to them.