Chapter 25

Liz's POV

I woke up early to go for my morning jog. I hated running or any sort of workout. That was until I met the Walter's who would drag me along with them every morning until I got used to it. Now I am the one that wakes them up every morning because I am used and I am loving it.
After my run and a bath, I decided to call Layla, since I never told her that I arrived well. She picked up after the second ring.
"There's my favorite American," she said in a high voice.

"Hi there Layla, so sorry I forgot to call you yesterday. It was such a long day." I said

"It's okay hun. So how is everyone? Especially that friend of yours that you talk about almost every day." she asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, I don't talk about my friends every day. Erastus and Katie are all doing good. We are going for breakfast in a few minutes." I told her.

"Good to know. Just come back soon, it's like my only daughter left me with a house full of boys again," she said.

"I will come as soon as the wedding is over and I am bringing along my daughter, I hope you don't mind. I know she will be at your house most of the time when I am at work." I told her.

"Of course not. There's always space in my house. I can't wait to meet the mini you." she said smiling.
Yes, I am probably the worst person ever because I never told the Walters that Laura is not my biological daughter. I just didn't know how to after telling them she was my daughter without specifying the first time.

"Great. I will call you some other time than Layla. I have to go."

"Sure," she said before I hung up. I woke up to Katie's text suggesting we all go for breakfast before heading to the reception venue. I agreed because cooking for one is boring. I have a feeling I am not going to like what I find there but I had to show up. Turns out Erastus just let future wife handle the reception decorations however she wanted because he wanted her to have her dream wedding. Little does he know that her dream wedding might just end up being his worse nightmare.

I parked my car and headed into Linda's Cafe. I was the last person to arrive, so I gave Linda a brief hug and went to join the others.

"Sorry, I ran out of gas," I told them sitting next to Katie and opposite the lovebirds.

"It's okay. None of us have work today anyway." Katie said.
We ordered and ate listening to Rose telling us how we are going to fall in love with the way the venue was decorated. I doubted that so much but I kept my opinion to myself. Bu knows that having a close of the other gender had its perks.

After breakfast, Katie got into my car because Jason dropped her off, she didn't come in a car.
"What's up girl? You have that face on. Something is up with you and don't tell me it's nothing." she asked after a few minutes of driving.

"What face? It's nothing, Katie. I don't know but I am just anxious about seeing that hall. I don't know why." I told her.

"That's weird. It's not like it's your wedding hall," she said bluntly.

"I know. Why are the bridesmaids wearing yellow dresses?" I asked. I know I shouldn't be asking her but she kind of started the conversation.

"Because it's Rose's favorite color," she said.

"So you think the reception will also be decorated in yellow?" I asked.

"I think so and what's with the questions, Liz. It's not my wedding. Plus I don't even know why I am a bridesmaid, I mean is it because I am your friend?" she asked.