Chapter 16

Erastus looked at me and I looked at him. I had no home to go to. The house I live in has so many memories that are just going to mess with my head. I didn't want to go back. I never want to step foot in that house ever again. "Where's Laura?" I asked him.

He was scrolling through his phone when he told me Evan took her home. It was late at night so she had to go to bed. My thoughts wandered back to where I am going to stay. Erastus lives with Rose and I can't with there while I am still not over what happened. I didn't want to bring my sadness to their place. Katie is still on her Vacation with Jason and I have no family here. There is an option, which is sleeping in a hotel.

"Why don't you go to stay at the beach house? You have a key correct?" Erastus asked. Right, I almost forgot that I am good friends or best friends to be exact of someone that owns more than one house. I was happy that I finally got a place to call my sanctuary, for the time being of course. Then I thought of Laura, with Evan not staying at home much, she has nobody to take care of her. Even if I ask her to come with me, with what I am going through right now I know I won't be of any help. I just really need space right now.

My heart is aching and it does not seem to stop. A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away hoping that Erastus didn't see it, but he did. He walked over and sat on the bed. He pulled me into a tight hug. Something in me snapped and I cried again. This time I had a shoulder to cry on so I decided to let it all out. Too bad I know I can't get over this in a day. I cried and Erastus was there comforting me with his hand on my back without saying a word. It's a good thing that he didn't say a word because nothing is going to make me feel any better.

I finally stopped crying and I realized I soaked Erastus' shirt with my tears. "Get ready so I drop you off at the house," he said and left. I slowly removed my white hospital gown and put on my clothes. I walked out of the room and saw Erastus standing outside. "I am ready," I said and started walking. I couldn't help but feel like I was leaving a part of me in this hospital. I walked faster because the earlier I leave this place the better I will feel. Or at least I thought so.

We got into the car and the first ten minutes of the drive was done in complete silence. "I am sorry, I know I ruined dinner with Rose's parents but I am sure Laura didn't know who else to call," I said. He panicked when I said that and I had no idea why. "Oh shit, I have to call Rose. I seriously stormed out of the house and didn't tell her what was going on. Can you take my phone and dial for me, I am driving." he asked.

I took his phone and found 23 missed calls and many messages. I told him about it and he looked like he felt bad. I dialed quickly and she picked up quickly. I held the phone this ear because none of us had earphones. "Hey......Yes I am alright,......There was an emergency concerning Liz... Yes, it was that important and I am sorry I walked out on your parents..... Will talk to you when I get home..... Bye... Love you too." he said on the phone. I took the phone.

"Please tell me she won't make you sleep on the couch today," I said jokingly. He looked at me, shook his head, and said he hoped it won't happen. The silence took over again and I was lost in my thoughts again. I felt bad that I was the reason my best friend had to walk out of his inlaws place. Even if it was my parents, they would be pissed. My problems created a problem with my best friend and I didn't like the thought of it one bit.

"I asked Laura to pack a bag for you and I will go pick it up after I drop you off," he said getting me out of my world. "Thank you, but you know she is 12 right? Goodness, I can just imagine what will be in that bag." I said. He shrugged as we entered the house. I could hear the waves and that's why I love this place so much. The feeling of knowing I am just feet away from the oceans is always so refreshing to me. I sat down on the sofa and checked my phone. I heard my tummy grumble and headed for the kitchen. Okay, there is a part I hate about this house, it never has food. I opened the fridge and all that was inside was a carton of milk.