Chapter 24

Liz's POV

Jason dropped me off at Erastus' beach house. I was really tired from the flight and the confrontation with Celine just gave me a headache. Something tells me she doesn't have a clue on why I divorced Evan because she thought I was trying to get back together with her son.
Hell no! I got to see Laura though, and it was great seeing that is doing good, looks like Evan was taking good care of her or whoever it is was that's taking care of her was doing a great job.

I took some aspirins then a nap. After I wake up I called my mom to tell her that I was back in the country but I will not be able to go visit her. My brothers are coming for the wedding, or let me say Paul is coming because Erastus made him one of his groomsmen, but I hope he brings along his other brothers because I miss them. It has been a whole long year without seeing my family, which is the longest I have ever gone without seeing my family. I freshened up and then there was a knock at the door.
"There she is," Erastus said hugging me the moment I opened the door.

"Hi there. Long time and you are squeezing me that I can't breathe." I told him but he didn't let go or even loosen his grip on me. We stayed like that until someone cleared their throat at the door. I finally let go. It was Katie and Rose. After all the hugs, we went and sat in the living room. I went to get some wine that I left here before I went to London. I realized that a lot of things are still the same way I left them, except the part where someone went grocery shopping for me I guess.

"So, did you bring Harry as your date?" Katie asked.

"No way. I am sure he has patients to deal with." I replied.

"I never heard the details of how your date went. You said you'd call back but you never did." Erastus said.

"I didn't know Liz had a boyfriend in London. I know you have been divorced for a year but don't you think it's still early to have moved on already?" Rose asked.

"I was probably busy. Sorry, Erastus but he and I didn't go on a date, we double-dated. He was on his date and I was on mine, plus I don't have a boyfriend. I have moved on, did you expect me to be hung up on my ex for the rest of my life dear?" I said directing the last question at Rose.

" Of course that is not was implying Liz. What's with the attitude?" she asked.

"Okay, that's enough ladies. So Liz, how was your flight?" Katie asked.

"It wasn't that bad until I ran into my ex-husband, his daughter picking up his mother at the airport," I told them.

"Damn, girl you are unlucky. What did you do?" Erastus asked.

"I talked to them until his mom came and started shouting at me thinking I was trying to get together with his son," I told them.

"Were you?" Rose asked.
Did I mention the part where Rose is such a pain? I can't stand her.

"What do you think?" I replied.

"What the hell is up with the two of you?" Erastus asked. I glared at Rose waiting for her to say something.

"We might have argued earlier about why her dress had to be made today baby. She was not too thrilled about how I forgot about her dress." she lied.

"Liz's dress wasn't made together with the rest?" Erastus asked.

"No. I forgot. Everyone was there except for her so it might have slipped my mind." she said again.

"Can I see my dress?" I asked. Erastus got up to pick up a phone call and that left only the ladies in the room. Katie knows about the conversation we had at her wedding so she was just quiet.