Chapter 33

Liz's POV

It now has been months of Erastus and I living in our little bubble. Sometimes I feel like it's too good to be true, I mean everything is going way too well that I think that someday something will come up and destroy it all. Katie tells me I am being insecure, and maybe there is a little truth to that. I can't help but think that one day I will wake up and he is a different person than I don't even recognize. Once bitten twice shy, so they say.

I am coming out of the boardroom after a long, tiring meeting with the board about expanding the business to Asia. I don't understand how shareholders always have to be convinced that their investments will not go to waste. To make things worse, Mr. Kingman was also there, for the first time since he retired and I have to admit I was scared of messing up.

"Bouquet of roses? Wow, Christelle, who is the lucky guy?" I said passing by my assistant's desk.

"There is no lucky guy Ms. Brown. I was bribed with those Roses to let someone into your office," she replied.

"Who?" I asked.

"I am not in liberty to say," she replied.

I shook my head and let it go. "By the way Chris, if you call me Ms. Brown one more time, I will fire you," I told her.

"Yes Liz," she said and I proceeded to my office.

"I am sorry, do you have an appointment?" I asked once I opened my office.

"I don't think I need an appointment to see my girlfriend. Plus I think I remember promising one cute CEO a lunch date. Have you seen her anywhere?" Erastus asked. I walk up to him, give him a peck on the lips, and sat down.

"No. These days I am starting to think you like me only because I am the CEO." I accused.

"Well, what can I say? I have known you for a very long time even before you even had a job, so are you assuming that?" he asked.

"Not really. Shall we?" I asked grabbing my handbag.

"Definitely," he replied and we made our way out.

"Christmas is just around the corner, are you planning on going home?" he asked.

"I think so. I have been out of the country for the past three Christmases, so it is only fair I go or my mom will come to get me herself. You coming with me?" I asked.

"No. I don't really like New York that much. Plus your whole family will be there, I wouldn't want to impose." he said.

I scoffed. "Please. Since when do you care about imposing? You are family to everyone in my family, so stop making excuses." I told him.

"Fine. I would be there. Hopefully, I don't get on your brothers' bad side. They are a bit intimidating." he said a bit more to himself but I couldn't help but burst out in laughter.

Erastus' POV

Time was flying by and it is now a week away from Christmas. I do have a few decorations up at home, or should I say our house since Liz moved in with me after the renovation and refurnishing were done. We did not decorate a lot because we will be in New York during Christmas. We are traveling to New York tomorrow and she and Katie went to buy some last-minute gifts for everyone.

It wasn't even half an hour after Liz left for the mall with Katie when the doorbell rang. I went to open it and to my surprise, Rose was standing on the other side. The last time I checked she was a brunette and now she is a blonde. I don't even know what I am feeling at the moment.

"So, now you show up." I started.

"Look, I know I am the last person you want to see right now, but I need to talk to you. Hear me out please." she pleaded.