Chapter 22

Liz's POV

Two weeks later I was here entering my new workplace in the heart of London. The last office building was nice, but this one was very unique and beautiful. I took the elevator to the 27th floor so I go see the CEO.

"Mrs. Danielson?" A tall, lean figure stood up from his black big chair extending his hand.

"It's Brown, that was my husband's surname and I am divorced now," I told him shaking his hand.

"Well, that is noted. I am Dean Parker. Thank you for coming. We are excited to have you. Mr. Kingman mentioned a lot of good things about you. Take a seat. " he said offering me the chair in front of him.

"Thank you," I said with a smile. We talked about everything work-related and he offered to show me my office so I followed him. I remember how Mr. Kingman had his private elevator at the headquarters but here everybody uses the same elevator. We went back to the 26th floor and I couldn't help but smile after seeing my office. It was big with a glass table at the center and a large chair behind it. It also had a nice couch against the wall and a few vases by the window. If I look outside the window, I can see the city as well as the London Bridge. Only my office and the finance department offices are on this floor so I feel a bit out of place because most of the people I will be working with are a floor down from me.

"So, your assistant will be here in a minute, he has been handling everything before you came." Mr. Parker said.

Wait, did he just say he? I didn't hear him well because I was busy admiring my office.
"Excuse me Mr. Parker, my assistant is male? I asked.

"Dean, please. Just call me Dean and yes your assistant is male. He is a good boy, fresh out of college but he sure gets the job done. Will that be a problem Ms. Brown? He asked.

"Of course not, I just didn't hear you well the first time. Just making sure I heard well." I lied. I have never had a male assistant, much less fresh out of college who probably has so much to learn around here. I am not that patient and I just hope I don't make the poor guy quit on the first week.

The CEO left and I decided to walk around the floor. I came to a stop when I saw a group of 4 ladies talking in front of me.

"The Managing Director is finally here." one of them, with blonde hair said.

"The American?" another asked.

"Yes. Mr. Parker just took her into the office. I do not get why she gets the biggest office on the floor when we even got the CFO on this floor, but no, the office was reserved for her instead." the blonde one spoke again

"From what I hear, apparently she is really good, that's why she was transferred here from the headquarters." girl number 3 said.

"Guys, you look like you are throwing shades to the woman you didn't even meet yet. We are just assistants and can we just do our jobs." another one said.

"Rhea, you are always going against us. You are no fun." the blonde spoke again. They all laugh at the girl that said something that made sense. Their accents give me a headache.

"Excuse me, "I spoke for the first time and got their attention. The looks on their faces were priceless. I continued, "This American has a name. It's Elizabeth Brown. Everyone calls me Liz, if not Ms. Brown. As far as the office is concerned, if you want it, you can have it." I said.

None of them replied, they all went in a certain direction and I smiled. I am not evil, but I am not a good person always. I had to make sure that my presence is felt, then I will start warming up to them. I don't smile on the first day of work.