Chapter 7

"Sodas, guys?" Luke shouted towards the TV area where the other boys were sat watching How To Train Your Dragon, as if he didn't hear what I just said. What a relief, though. I'm definitely not ready to elaborate on Ashton and I's gruesome and complicated past.

"Did Summer cry?" I anxiously asked, before stuffing some popcorn into my mouth. I'm still not sure if the boys could handle it without one of them crying too.

"Summer? Since when did you start call Summer, Summer? You hate what we call her." Michael teased with all his might, without even facing away from the television. I can almost hear the smirk plastered on his smug face as he said it.

"Redundancy." Shaking my head, I whispered, ignoring what he just noticed. Standing behind the couch, I rolled my eyes, even though they most probably won't see it.

"Relax, Reev." Ashton said as he walked across the room and approached me. I didn't notice him missing, too. "I just checked on her and prepared milk too. She's out cold and probably won't wake up 'til tomorrow" he was about to sit down on the couch but he stopped shortly then eyed the others and added, "IF, no one makes enough noise to wake up Summer, that is."

"I really think you guys can manage without me here... Most of the time, I bet." I smiled at Ashton. Suddenly, the image of Summer in Ashton's arms flashed inside my head and the warmth of family filled my heart, giving me the feeling I've missed. With that, I felt blood rushing into my cheeks. Oops.

Ashton's hand grabbing at the popcorn filled bowl tugged me back into reality. He noticed how I became all red and flustered making him tilt his head to the side, questioning.

I shrugged and went back to my seat beside Calum, whose eyes were closing slowly. I can't blame him though, today was an exhausting one even though we basically spent most of it inside a room.

Someone tapped my shoulder and placed a soda on it. I turned and shook my head but smiled a small thank you to Luke, who smiled back as well. Seeing me refuse, Luke placed the sodas at the table and went back to sit on his place. The others continued watching the movie, making comments once in a while, but didn't made an attempt to start a conversation. As we go on watching, my mind started to drift like the usual thing it does when it's getting late at night.

**

I must've fallen asleep halfway through the second movie the boys decided to watch because when I woke up the next morning, I'm tucked into the bed and Summer's still asleep beside me.

Checking the clock, it just struck at 8 in the morning. While wondering how the hell I got to the bed, I carefully brushed aside the covers, not wanting to wake Summer up, and trudged into the bathroom.

I was still in the loose shirt and cotton shorts I wore last night, plus the horrific just-got-out-of-bed hairstyle I sported practically every morning of my life. I washed up and changed into denim shorts and a Paramore shirt a friend got me when we watched them live last year. Dang, that was one hell of a show.

Before going out into the living room, a loud clang of metal hitting the floor sounded from outside the room, I quickly checked on Summer, who, thankfully, didn't move an inch and hurried out.

"What is going on here?" I hissed at no one in particular seeing as I didn't expect the boys to be up and about at this hour. To my surprise, they were all standing around the kitchen looking like they just got out of bed too.

Calum was holding a pan which what most probably caused the noise, Michael was in front of the coffee machine with five cups ready, Luke was reaching up the cupboards to grab plates and Ashton was in front of the stove, cooking what smelled like bacon. It was such a sight to see that my urge to laugh overcame my anger. I was a few seconds away from bursting out laughing. They looked like kind of out of place in the kitchen, much like fish out of water.