Chapter 20

The lads spent most of the day sleeping in and adjusting their body clocks. Even though they were way more cheerful when we got Summer back from the social center on Monday, they still tried to make it up to their sleep deprivation when Summer was asleep too. I even found Michael cuddling Summer one Tuesday afternoon which was pretty cute. I even took a picture of them and in Mikey's delight, he made me send it so he could post it on his social accounts. Calum then got all jealous and started borrowing and playing with Summer more often, giving the others an evil eye when they tried to take Summer. It was honestly hilarious!

I was supposed to shop for Summer's clothes with Marga and Ashton yesterday but Calum wouldn't give her unless he could come. I didn't know Calum could be this clingy. In the end, Ashton was driving, I was in shotgun, Calum and Marga were with Summer in the middle seat while Michael and Luke were complaining at the back because Calum was acting like Summer's dad and all. Despite of that, the shopping went great. Calum decided not to act like a kid anymore and decided to finally share Summer with the other lads so they got to share and carry Summer interchangeably. Though a few fans went and asked for a picture, they didn't mob them and asked nicely especially when one was holding Summer.

Right now though, Luke was carrying Summer. We were all just watching Despicable Me while waiting for Gabby and Marga to arrive. Today was the day of the DNA test. Somehow, we were all just quite relaxed; unlike the first time they tested us. Maybe because we knew each other much better now. Maybe because we're all like a team now and whatever might happen, we'd make sure that Summer would be taken good care of.

We all stood up when Mikey opened the door to reveal Gabby and Marga with the official who would take some of our DNA samples. He was quite a short man with clean cut hair and shaven face to match his white long sleeves and black slacks and black leather shoes. He was also wearing spectacles. He must be a doctor, I thought.

"We're really thankful that you came up here instead," Gabby was talking to him. "The lads' careers are very sensitive. Thank you for understanding."

The man gave a chuckle then answered. His voice was low, not quite matching his physique. "It's quite fine." His eyes traveled to us five then finally to Summer. "Oh, what a cutie."

Summer seeming to decide to be shy hid on the crook of Luke's neck, making him smile.

"Anyway," the man continued. "Shall we begin?"

We all nodded except for Ashton who answered with, "Yes, thanks!"

And with that, we watched the man carry on with his work with the telly's noise in the background. He told me to give Summer to Marga before giving out other instructions for us to follow. It was actually quick. He just made us fill in an information sheet, took a few hairs from each of us and swabbed the inside of our cheeks. Honestly, it only lasted for like fifteen minutes.

When he's done with us, he turned to Summer and did a did the same to her before offering her a lolly — which she immediately took. Mental note: must teach her not to take candies from people she didn't know.

After saying goodbyes and thank yous, Gabby and Marga headed out the flat with the doctor. It was as if nothing happened; the lads were pretty much still engrossed with the film and Summer so I decided to find something to cook for lunch. I was kind of happy when preparing our food because the fridge was now always full with groceries.

I decided to make meat pies for lunch. I checked the ingredients if they were enough. Unfortunately, there's no puff pastry and flour so I need to make a quick visit in Wal-Mart.

"I'm going to Wal-Mart, guys." I announced when I entered the living room. Gabby and Marga were already back with the boys, the former was discussing something with the boys while the latter was carrying Summer while she fed on her bottle. "Oh, hey Gabby. You should stay for lunch. I'm making meat pies."