Chapter 5

"What are you guys doing?" I said curiously as soon as the three of us entered the apartment.

Ashton, Luke and I just got back from the Wal-Mart carrying all the things we bought. It was a quiet ride as I wasn't really in the best mood after what happened. But seeing Calum and Michael with the baby perked me up a bit.

Except for the fact that the baby is sitting with them on the couch while sucking it's thumb and with its quiffed hair, as Calum and Michael play FIFA.

"Hey, the baby's awake!" Ashton said cheerfully. Then, he took the things I was holding and arranged them on the table just like what he did to what he was holding earlier.

I ran a hand over my hair and sighed defeatedly as I went over to the sofa, purposely bumping Michael and Calum to take the baby. While narrowing my eyes at them, I tried to flatten down the baby's hair.

"Hey!" Calum quickly sat up and shouted at me. "What are you doing to Summer's hair?"

"Who the hell is Summer?"

Calum rolled his eyes before focusing back to their game. "The baby, obviously."

"You named the baby 'Summer'?" Luke suddenly asked, causing me to turn around and see him heading over to us with his eyes trained on the baby.

"Oh my God." I said unbelievably. Summer? Seriously? Out of all the possible names in the world, they came up with Summer? "Why the hell did you name the baby 'Summer'?"

"Stop overreacting, Reev." Calum snapped at me. I glared at him, feeling my irritation grow as I'm not really in the mood to put up with him.

Michael yawned as he stretched his arms and legs before looking at me. "It's an inside joke, Reev."

"Care to explain?" Ashton took the words out of my mouth as he joined the conversation. When I turned around, I noticed him smiling at the baby.

I looked down and saw that the baby started to play with the ends of my hair as I wait for Michael's explanation.

"Well, the baby woke up—" Michael started.

"Obviously." Calum interrupted, making me glare at him again.

"Will you shut up and let me finish, Cal? " Michael told Calum rather annoyingly then continued. "Like I said, the baby woke up and it was crying. We had no idea what to do so Calum just kept on saying 'Oh my God, just give me 5 seconds' over and over again as I was pacing all over and panicking like 'Shit, Cal! What are we gonna do?!'" Michael stopped to take a breath, "so yeah."

"And so we ended up baby sitting." Calum added, looking at the baby instead of me. His look really spoke what he felt about the whole situation.

"And I realised that it sucked so I told Calum that 'baby sitting sucks' a—" Michael continued but Calum interrupted him again.

"Just like this band." Calum interjected once again.

Michael chuckled but continued on, "Don't you guys find it so clever though? Summer's twenty times cooler than Chris which, may I declare, Calum suggested just a few minutes before you arrived."

There was a sweet short moment of silence because of Calum's comment before Ashton's laughter filled the room.

Calum paused the game and threw Ashton an annoyed look, "I was thinking of Chris Brown, okay? Sue me."

I made a face to refrain myself from laughing, even biting the inside of my cheeks. I don't wanna give Calum the satisfaction of him getting me to laugh because he's funny. Well, he kinda was. But still.