Chapter 4

"Excuse me?" I called at Luke. I was still halfway from the elevator to where the car was parked in Basement 1. "What do you think you're doing?" Luke was about to open the front seat door. I LOVE riding shotgun. There's no way that I'll let him take it.

Luke turned and furrowed his eyebrows—which I must add; it makes him look cuter. Okay, stop! Ugh.

"I'm going to Wal-Mart with you and Ashton?"

"Sorry, Lucas. Reev loves riding shotgun. She'll go berserk if you let her take the back seat." Ashton chuckled from behind. He remembers! But, damn. How can millions of butterflies fit in a human's stomach? I feel sick and wonderful at the same time.

"Oh?" Luke smiled, looking amused. Well, what kind of girl will make a big deal of car seats? The River type.

"Hold up!" I shouted at Luke as he made his way to the back seat.

I approached him and before I could stop myself, I poked his dimples.

"Hey, what was that for?" he whined and suddenly, we both cracked up.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "They're cute." I really have no idea what's gotten into me.

"Come on in." Ashton said as he slammed his door exceptionally hard. What in the world is his problem?

"Most of the fans will choose to lick my dimples than just poke them." Luke informed me as we made ourselves comfortable inside the car.

My eyes widened as I glance at him, "Gross!" IT IS.

"I know." Luke chuckled.

We talked about their careers, how they miss home and how crazy the fans can get.

"They throw even bras on stage." Luke shook his head animatedly, "And condoms." Not of disapproval but more of disbelief.

I blushed and dropped my head, "Well, I hope they won't flash." Really, I heard some fans do that.

As we talked about their music, Ashton drove in silence—clutching the steering wheel tighter than normal. I looked at him and he must have seen me in his peripheral vision because his eyes locked with mine as he gave me a weird sad look. Seriously? What the hell is wrong with Ashton?

A few quiet moments later, I turned the radio on and started to look for a station with some good music. I wasn't really planning to turn the radio on but there's some awkward tension coming from Ashton and I have no freaking idea why.

I stopped when I heard the familiar strumming of some music." Oh my God. It's The A Team." I blurted out before I can stop myself. "I freaking love this song."

"Turn it up!" Luke told me so I did. The song was yet about to start so I didn't miss any part yet.

"White lips, pale face. Breathing in snowflakes. Burnt lungs, sour taste." Luke started singing along with Ed. I stared at him in fascination. It's the first time I've heard him sing live. Sure, I've heard some of their songs but hearing him live is different.

Luke continued singing, keeping us quiet still. "And they say she's in the class A team. Stuck in her daydream. Been this way since eighteen but lately her face seems slowly sinking, wasting, crumbling like pastries."

With a smile in my face, I started to sing along with Luke, not caring if I can barely sing well. It's been so long since I last sang my heart out. But watching Luke singing with so much enjoyment gave me chills that before I even realised it, I stopped singing and stared at him.