Day 17: Sleepover

"Truth or Dare!" Grian grinned, hugging his pillow to his chest. He, Scar, Iskall, and Mumbo were having a sleepover, and Grian was pumped.

Scar hummed. "Truth."

"So, are those crystals really just glass?" Grian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course!" Scar let out a small giggle. "Did you see the aftermath back in Season 6? Wels can testify to that!"

"Alright, alright." Grian snorted. "Your turn then."

"Hmm. Mumbo, Truth or Dare?" Scar asked.

Hesitating just a little, Mumbo answered. "Dare."

"I dare you to reveal who the door thief is." Scar said confidently.

Mumbo shrugged. "Okay. It was the Jungle Bandit."

"That's not-"

Mumbo laughed. "I answered truthfully, did I not?"

Scar laughed. "You got me there."

"So Iskall, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare!"

Mumbo thought for a moment. "I dare you to hold a block of Diorite for ten minutes."

"Aw c'mon." Iskall pouted a little, though it was all in good fun.

Scar fished one of the blocks out of his inventory and tossed it to Iskall. "You gotta do it unless you use your purple elephant."

"Ha! I can do this omega challenge, just watch!" Iskall picked up the block, immediately cringing. "Just so you know, I'm keeping an eye on the clock. Anyways, Grian, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth!"

"Are you Poultry Man?"

Grian smirked. "Purple elephant."

"Dang it!" Iskall laughed.

The next bit went okay ore or less, until it cycled back to Grian.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Truth!"

Iskall paused. "Why do you hate rabbits so much? I mean, I always thought it was an irrational fear, but I don't think any of us were sure."

Grian hesitated. He already has used his Purple Elephant, oh what to do?

"I'm scared of rabbits because..." Grian trailed off, trying to find a good way to phrase it. "Rabbits remind me of someone I used to know. That's all."

They didn't have to know about his past. He'd rather not look back on it again.

No, Grian wasn't hiding his past. He knew that the Hermits would all be there for him if he ever relapsed.

But for now, he was fine. They didn't really have to know.

He was happy where he was.