===================================

With Alan.........

"I hope Mikoto was able to save Sonic." Said Alan as he sits on the steps of the temple.

"Don't worry Alan. I am sure that Mikoto was able to save Sonic in time." Said Tails as he reassures Alan.

"Ya your right." Said Alan with a happy smile.

"I bet they are taking care of Eggman and his robot at this moment." Said Tails.

"To be honest, I am surprised that a blue hedgehog is brave enough to go against someone like Eggman." Said Knuckles.

"Well Sonic did defeat Eggman easily the first time Sonic meet him on South Island. And Sonic didn't get nervous at all during their first battle." Said Tails. That has made Knuckles starting to think that Sonic has a lot of courage to take on Eggman.

Suddenly, a blue blur ran ran around them. The blue blur comes to a stop to reveal Sonic, and was still holding on Mikoto hand. Mikoto hair at the moment was messy in all direction.

"Your back. And I guess you beat Eggman and his robot?" Asked Knuckles.

"Yep. Mikoto saved me, destroyed Eggman little robot and got a nice bonus as a result." Said Sonic as he pulled out the yellow emerald and showed it to Knuckles.

Knuckles looked at the gemstone in Sonic hand. "A Chaos Emerald." Said Knuckles.

"Now can you please explain everything here?" asked Mikoto as she begins to fix her hair.

Knuckles begins to think for a moment." Fine. For the moment, let me truly introduce myself. My names is Knuckles. Knuckles the Echidna. And you are holding a Chaos Emerald in your hand their hedgehog." Said Knuckles.

"Chaos Emerald? Is that what they are called? How many of them are there?" asked Sonic.

Knuckles hold up the blue Chaos Emerald in his hand. "Their are about seven of them in total. Each one of them has unbelieve unlimited energy." Said Knuckles.

"Did you just say......"Said Alan

"Unlimited energy?" asked Tails.

"In seven of these seven glowing gemstones?" Asked Mikoto.

"Yes. And if all seven Chaos Emeralds come together, Chaos Control will happen. A event will anyone can control and warp space and time." Said Knuckles.

"So how did Eggman learn about it?" Asked Alan.

"Lets just say that when he first got here, he tricked me into spilling the secrets of what I know about the Chaos Emeralds. After that, he tried to take the Master Emerald with him but I was able to stop that from happening." Said Knuckles.

"In other words, you let yourself get ricked easily and now Eggman is search the world for these Chaos Emeralds because you believed what Eggman said to you?" asked Mikoto.

Knuckles had a sweatdropped appearing on the back of his head. "Yeah.... that is about right." Said Knuckles as he answered nervously.

"*Sigh* How could you let yourself get trick by Eggman knucklehead?" asked Sonic.

"Sonic has a point their Knuckles. You should have seen from a mile away that Eggman was bad news." Said Mikoto.

"I know......." Said Knuckles as knows that now.

"What is this Master Emerald you mention before?" asked Alan.

"Follow me." Said Knuckles as he walks up the stairs on the Alter of the Emeralds. The others begin to follow him.