48.

"How was it?" I asked Steph softly as we sat on her bed.

"It was, weird." Steph answered me. I could see the concentration on her face. "I don't know, really, I have nothing to compare it to. At first, it hurt a little, then it didn't. It started to feel, weird then, pleasurable. But it didn't last long."

I kept my hands in my lap, listening to Steph telling me about her experience with Tommy.

"Like, I really like Tommy. Enough to go, hey, maybe we should try again. I'm inexperienced, he is inexperienced. We can do this together, learn what we do and don't like."

I nodded my head in agreement, thinking that's actually pretty good advice.

"Everything was set up perfect, the mood was perfect and we used a condom. Plus I'm on birth control pills because of my periods being so urgh the past twelve months, coming and going whenever they please. I think we should try again." Now Steph sounded like she was convincing herself. "I'll text him. Say that to him. I want to try again. I've been looking at some images on my phone on different positions to try."

I hummed with high eyebrows. I know some of them. I've done a couple myself, but that wasn't by choice.

"But you aren't a virgin anymore." I stated to her.

"No." She said softly then grinned. "I guess not."

"You always said since I've known you that you didn't want to graduate as a virgin. Well there you go. Teenage goal, accomplished." I chuckled.

"What about you, Beth? How are you... coping?" I knew exactly what Steph meant. I told her about feeling helpless whenever Dean is on top of me when we make out laying down.

"Slow. I'm getting there and Dean understands that completely and supports me one hundred percent."

Steph gave me a genuine smile. "That's great, Beth. You know what? I think I respect him a little bit more now." Came the sassy tone and we burst into first of giggles.

I love my best friend.

*****

"Wow. Your eyesight is terrible!" Tommy commented as he looked through my glasses.

"Yeah." I agreed. I had taken them off and placed them on my book. It was English class on Thursday and I had half a week to catch up on. All four of us did. We ate something bad when we were together Sunday and we spent the next couple days ill. That meant, Steph and I fighting over the toilet, lots of showers, extra loads of washing and vomiting our lungs out.

"Have you thought about eye surgery?" Tommy asked me.

"I can't afford that." I grumbled out, taking my glasses off a very blurry Tommy.

"I don't care. They suit you." Dean boasted to me in a low voice and I smiled at him. "Glasses or no glasses. You're still beautiful."

"Aw." I cooed at Dean in my own way as a thank you.

"You're welcome." He grinned back at me.

After English, Dean and I went to maths, our hands entwined. I was laughing at a joke Dean said when I was suddenly pushed in the shoulder.

"Watch it!" Was snapped to me and I frowned at the person. Internally, I groaned.

"Lisa." I bit out. "Watch where you're walking yourself."

"Piss off Lisa. No one wants your bullshit." Dean growled out. I felt his hand leave mine then Dean's arm wrapped around me.

Lisa smirked and shrugged, looking me up and down before her gaze turned to Dean. She gave him a kinder smile then turned on her heel and walked in front of us to class.