Chapter 9: Meeting Misty, Viridian City

Začať od začiatku

Suki and Orochimaru in particular instantly liked the redhead, and her Starmie made a lifelong friend of Laxus, who was talking to her about how she was taught her Thunderbolt, and was even telling her about meditation and how it helps all Pokémon use their energy better.

Her Staryu had a quiet humor, and got along more with the snake. They played a weird game of whack-the-snake, with Orochi using dig and making small tunnels, and Staryu blasting a weak Watergun at him when he popped up, teasing her with his tail.
I took pictures along with Misty, and we laughed, sharing how we caught them. (I would get them printed then delete them later from my Pokédex, I wasn't technically supposed to be using mine this way...)

"Staryu was the offspring of my Starmie here and a female Tentacruel that my friend Marina has.
I got Starmie when I was nine. We were at a private beach my Grandparents owned, and I was walking along the sand picking up seashells, when this little Starmie pops up from the water and starts watching me. I had never seen her evolved form in person before that day either, and was so excited she let me get near her.
She was super curious about me, and when I came back later that night she left the water and started following me too. We played together for hours, and when my older sisters came to get me for the night they started picking on me in front of her, and she got so angry on my behalf!
She shot them in the face with a weak Watergun, and they ran off crying!
Dad actually is the one that caught her. She wouldn't leave my side, and wanted to protect me from my siblings. She's the best!"

The last Pokémon Misty had was a Goldeen, and it completely ignored us, going off to swim in the river near us. Apparently it was recently caught, and it didn't like other humans. It liked her though, because she saved it from being killed for no real reason by another trainer. (They weren't planning to eat her, or sell her for money either. Just killing because they were bored and it was something to do.)
People were assholes, really.

She also had a Wingull, one she caught a year ago when she was at the beach, which is where she was vacationing with her sisters.

I also told her about my journey so far, leaving out Ho-Oh.
The girl and I instantly clicked, and the beginning of a strong friendship was born.

We ate dinner together a few hours later, then I decided to camp with her for the night, and head to Viridian City with her tomorrow.
________________________________

Now, with my pole in hand, I headed for the shore, eyeing the girl with brilliant ginger hair near me. Her own pole was already cast, and she was standing with her feet firmly planted, relaxed but wary.
Her Starmie was on her left side, prepared to defend its mistress from whatever creature came up next.

Finally I was gonna catch me a couple Water types, and what better time to do it than when you're camping next to a river with a Water type Gym Leader?
(She does not know I know, but by the level of training and care her team has, it's kinda obvious she is.)

We shared training tips, fashion tips, and now she gave me a few fishing tips.

"—and move it around like this, see? The smarter of any species will be more interested in the pattern the bait is making. I recommend you use the smaller pieces of meat from a hunting trip too!  Oh, I just can't believe I've met someone my age who actually hunts! Most kids don't go on hunting trips and learn about the benefits until they've been training for a year at least!"

I explained that I was close to Professor Oak's family and she immediately understood how I knew so much.
She was surprised to hear I was a fully licensed Field Researcher as well.
I was surprised to hear that she had a Water type specialization Medical License, and was legally allowed to heal any Water-type Pokemon from a trainer's team, and even request payment if she wanted to.