Chapter 10: Filler, Kia's Health

(Alyssa (Lassie), Timothy's little sister. Lassie is twelve, and wants to be an Elite Four member. She wants to specialize in Fire and Flying types.
She's a major bookworm, and her Tech-bag has a massive amount of books on Pokemon and the world. I hear her spout off little Pokémon facts sometimes in the background of our phone calls—she seems like a little smart-ass sometimes, in my opinion.

She has a special pass her parents paid for that allows her to travel with her brother, as long as she completes her school work and turns it all in every month.
She has a soft spot for the Pokemon Mankey and Primeape, and is terrified of Beedrill. (Possible side story way later on.)
Her personality in general is like a normal kid, but she is quick to temper, and to prevent herself from blowing up or impulsively hitting someone, she has to take small breaks away from people.)

((Something Ashlynn is not fully aware of—)
Lassie is somewhat manipulative, using fake sweetness to fool people. Only Timothy and Hyde know her real personality, with only Hyde's group of friends knowing about her, (they haven't seen how bad she could be though) because the male couple warned them about her.
She wants her first Pokemon to be a Vulpix, but wouldn't mind a Mankey either.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
________________________________

The surgery and the recovery process for Spearow, now named Kia, went well, but there was a complication in the result.

They removed the scar tissue covering her eye, but because of the wound, the ocular organ had melted to her skull. They removed what was left and now she had an empty socket in it place.

I would need a shit ton of money to get her eye replaced, or a mechanical eye put in.
Something that was very possible after years of people and Pokemon losing limbs or body parts in the wilderness, and sometimes (rarely) in official battles. I heard that even Lance's Dragonite had a mechanical arm and tail put in recently, and it retired so as to not damage them further. Lance is also raising another, it's offspring, to meet its full potential in battle and take its parent's place on his team.
(Yep—Kanto's Elite four and champions all have celebrity status. It isn't hard to overhear people talking about them, or find information online or in magazines as I wait in line for something.)

Because of the amount of money needed for the surgery, I stayed inside my room for three days, only leaving to give my Pokemon some exercise, and eat dinner.
Misty had been nice enough to bring me lunch, and I cooked our breakfast every morning.

Anyway I stayed inside most of those three days working hard on my informational report about Ho-Oh.

________________________________

On my fifth day of staying in the Pokemon Center since I first arrived,  I emailed the completed report on Ho-Oh to Professor Oak.
I called mom immediately after and told her to go to the lab.

"Ask him to check his email. I discovered something amazing, and I'm excited to see his face when he sees it all! Hurry, hurry mom!"

"Alright honey, give me a moment. Let me get Damian to watch the food so it doesn't burn."

I listened to her talk to Damian in the background, Cinnamon popping up in the laptop's view and sniffing the screen.
He stopped after a moment and began pulling hilarious faces on the screen.
I was dying from laughing, my Pokemon who were curled around me at the phone booth doing the same. (Just Orochimaru, Sapphire, And Laxus. The others were in their balls at the moment.)

"Oh my god! See him Laxus, Sapphy? He's such a dork like Dame! Cinnamon, Ya big doof! You look great! Dame must be feeding you well! Look at that tail flame!"