Chapter 5: Camp and Dinner

((I created my OC's in Live Portrait Maker! I found a new favorite app!)
(Ryu Tomaki —in the picture.
Nicknamed Blue. He wears a Gym Leader Roxie band t-shirt in grey with dark red lettering.
Over it is a dark red and black jacket, the red not bright enough to agitate Pokemon. He wears slightly baggy knee length cargo shorts in a dark khaki color, multiple pockets holding small supplies and treats.
He wears a leather bracelet made of dyed Taurus hide thats dark brown with a leaf symbol sewn into it with green thread on his left wrist. He also wears thick black ankle socks not really visible under his boots, which are hiking boots that are grey with black accents and dark red laces.
He has a dark green beanie with a black Pokéball emblem he wears while traveling. He wears red and black fingerless gloves, and his pokéballs are equipped to a black belt with a dull silver buckle on his shorts. He has the newest version of the Tech-Zero bag not yet on the market because of his relation to the creator. (He's the creator's nephew.))

Team

Alolan Sandshrew named Sassy.

Meowth named Lazy (this chapter)(pet/companion Pokemon. Does not battle)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Hello? Ketchum residence, the amazing Damian speaking, can I take your order?"

"Really Dame? Not even gone for a full day and you're turning our home into a restaurant." I teased him, sharing a small grin with Laxus.

"Of course! You're room is now my food pantry. It holds alllll the things you can't stand. Like uncooked bellpepper, and beans of all kinds. Some of mom's experimental casseroles.... yeah sis, you're room smells horrible already. I even put some fish from lunch today, that Cinnamon happened to burn, under your pillow. Can't wait to see your face when you come home and smell it." I laughed knowing he was teasing me.

"I'll get you back if you even dare try something like that! Alright brat, is mom home? I really need to talk to her."

A few moments later and I was saying bye to Dame, my mom's voice coming through the receiver.

"What's wrong honey? I thought it would be a week before you called, it's only been a day! Did something happen?"

"Hey mom, so....I caught a Pidgey named Gunter and a Rattata I named Suki. Suki has an old wound, and I was wondering if you could ——-"

Telling her about the bite wound and my worry over whether she carried a disease or not, mom had me take her out and check her wound in detail, and I had to have Pikachu translate for me as he asked her about how she received it.

With my worries faded from a good response, I returned her and told mom about my day so far.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry your Gunter did that. You know it's instinctual, and you hadn't caught it yet so the scent of being in a Pokéball wasn't on it.
Pidgey eat Caterpie in the wild all the time. Next time just make sure he's in his Pokéball before you confront a new bug type that his kind eat. Don't punish him too hard either, he's new to being a trained Pokémon. Just explain what he did wrong, and tell him not to do it again, he'll understand."

"Mmnn. I will, thanks mom."

We said our goodbyes a moment later and I sped up as I saw a ledge in the distance, the sound of a river and a few wild Pokemon doing their thing somewhere nearby.

Looking over the ledge, I grinned as I spotted the campsite area, a small cluster of trees, a picnic table and a grill for anyone to use was there, as well as a man-made track created by other trainers as they did their running exercise over the years.
The track led around the campsite and through the trees, a rather large field being in the middle of it as well, large boulders of varying sizes were lined up, probably put there by a trainer's Pokemon.
They were obviously used for practicing physical attacks, for new trainers to get some training in. They had various marks from battle on them, and even old burn markings were visible. Smaller rocks from broken boulders were also scattered around.