I look at her for a moment before shaking my head. "I don't even know. I mean, the person I used to love and put me to sleep is still alive after 200 years! I thought he would be dead by now! Instead, he's alive and I want to punch him and so many other things! My mind is filled with questions that I need to ask him!"

"And you'll get your chance, I promise. But we can't just charge in there. There needs to be a plan." She says.

I scoff a bit and look at her. "A plan?! He put me to sleep for 200 years! I lost my dragon and he put you through crap! He made you suffer for years as you tried to get me to wake up! You had to keep the town from growing and developing because of him!" I gesture an angry fist at the door, referring to the person downstairs. "Everything that ever happened was because of him!"

"Astrid calm down! I know what he's done, trust me, but we need to go at this with a clear mind." She explains.

I groan and shake my head as I grip onto the back of Hiccup's chair. I close my eyes and try to take deep breathes to clear my mind. Elsa's right. I need to come at this with a clear mind, but I can't when I think about all the things he's done. He basically put me into a different dimension, taking away everything I ever knew.

I open my eyes when I feel a gentle hand rest atop of mind. I glance down at the hand and look up to see a pair of comforting green eyes. My nerves start to calm at the small smile he gives me. I grip his hand and allow myself to take another deep breath.

Even if he does look like this man who currently sits in a cell, he still manages to help me calm my nerves with just a touch. I'm personally surprised his looks don't through me into a raging fit again like it did when I first saw him. I just hope it stays that way. I don't want to end up lashing out on such an amazing guy. I would hate myself if I did.

"Can you give us a couple of minutes?" Hiccup asks, glancing at Jack and Elsa.

They both look to him and nod. Jack gets up first and walks towards the door. I notice Elsa glance at me with a worried look before she gets up and follows Jack out the door. He shuts it behind him, leaving the two of us alone.

Hiccup continues to hold my hand as he brings his free one to my cheek. I take a breath and close my eyes as I lean into his touch. I stand there and take a moment to enjoy the feeling as he places a gentle kiss upon my forehead. I slowly open my eyes and look at him. He looks down at me before wrapping his arms around me. I return the feeling and wrap my arms around his waist as I bury my face in his chest. I take in his scent of smoke and wood, allowing it to calm me.

"You okay?" He asks softly as he gently rubs circles on my back.

I nod slowly. "I'm alright... just... not fully sure about what to do. There are so many questions I want to ask him. Answers that I've been longing for since I woke up."

He hums softly. "I know Elsa will allow you to talk to him. She just wants to make sure you're not going in there with the plan to kill him."

I chuckle, "I don't plan to kill him... at least not yet."

I feel Hiccup's chest rumble as he releases a chuckle of his own. "Well, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you gave him a couple of slaps. But we'd have to be careful."

"We?" I ask, turning my attention up to him. I place my chin on his chest as he looks down at me.

He smiles and nods, "Of course. I'm going down with you. Don't think I'll let you go down by yourself."

I smile and stand on my tiptoes and plant a gentle kiss upon his lips. "Thank you."

"I'm always going to be here for you. Promise." He plants his lips against my forehead, making me close my eyes with a smile.

What would I do without him? I just hope my past doesn't bring up old feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!

Sorry, it's a short chapter! I had a hard time trying to figure out how I wanted to write it! I also wanted to get a chapter out for all of you because I haven't been able to publish every day like I normally do. I had to study for a midterm this week and will be doing the same next week! Hopefully, I'll be able to go back to my normal routine within a few weeks!

In the meantime though, I would like your help coming up with some ideas on what to do for upcoming chapters? I have an idea for the next chapter but not sure what to do next! Maybe you could all help me! I'd love to know any ideas you have! I also promise that you will get credit if I use your idea!!

Now, let's ask some questions!

1. What are some of the questions you think Astrid wants to ask?

2. Do you think she'll feel something for this old Hiccup?

3. What do you think Hiccup the First is going to say to Astrid?

4. Do you think he meant to leave Astrid asleep for 200 years?

5. Was the chapter good or bad?

6. What would you like to see in the next chapter?

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow! I do my best to follow back!!

I love you all and thank you!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇