22

Dream had sat in the same spot for who knows how long. His hunger was making him shaky, though the exhaustion added on top didn't help. He was sure he would pass out any moment.

They were brought more bread and another water bottle, and again Dream had to toss his bread into the corner. Though, it was a rather lame throw due to his lack of mobility.

He chugged the water and Eret was confused on how he didn't choke. Dream had no response. He was practically on autopilot.

His body was working for him. His mental state was too hazy to function properly. Everything was still swaying nauseatingly and he was trembling with a combination of what was mentioned already along with cold, fear, and whatever sort of injection he was given.

He couldn't think properly until he heard the door slowly creak open.

Eret looked up and he squinted at the figure in the doorway. Dream started panicking when it came sprinting at him. Eret moved to get up. " Please don't hurt me! " He cried as he flinched away, hiding his face in his arms. It paused and bent down in front of him, he trembled in terror and shut his eyes tight. Eret pushed himself in front of him.

" Dream? " He opened an eye. The voice sent shivers of relief through him, though his jerky movement of fear a couple moments prior struck him and he groaned in pain, going back to clutching his rib.

" Dude what happened? Are you okay. " Sapnap said in a hushed tone.

" What does it look like? " Dream said sharply, a bad temper kicking in.

Sapnap flinched and sighed. " Let's get you and the other dude out of here. "

Dream nodded. Eret looked over at him. " You know this guy right? " Dream gave a small nod.

Sapnap peaked his head out from the door. " Patches? " He cooed as quietly as he could. Dream saw the cat come running at him.

Sapnap picked her up. " Coast is clear? " he asked the cat, who nodded in response.

" Well come on then. Let's get out of here. " Sapnap had his eyes focused on the hall. Dream deadpanned and looked hopelessly over at Eret. Eret stood up and tried to lift Dream who cried out in pain before clamping a hand over his mouth.

He could hear footsteps in the distance.

" Sorry- sorry. That really hurts. " He coughed out. Eret frowned sympathetically.

" Hey, Dream's friend. A little help? Dream can't exactly walk? " Eret called quietly.

" What do you mean? The dude can literally float if he doesn't want to walk. " This basically confirmed to Dream that Sapnap couldn't see very well in the dark.

" He's hurt. " Eret said through gritted teeth as he stumbled under a sudden amount of weight Dream had shifted on him.

Eret helped Dream hobble to the door. " Is there a fast way out of here? " He asked.

Sapnap nodded. " Right behind your cell, actually. Come on, come on. "

" We're going as fast as we can. " Eret hissed.

They snuck out of the cell and followed Patches. She meowed and the group fell quieter than quiet. She led them to a little area. It was dark and damp, but well hidden. They could all assume someone was coming. And right they were, moments later they heard footsteps and grumbling.

All sighing in relief as she continued the journey, they walked down another darker hallway.

" I thought you said right behind the cell. " Eret snapped in frustration as he pushed Dream upright again. The blonde whimpered in response.

Dream stopped the moment he reached outside, hunching over and sliding down the wall, gasping and choking in air.

George came running from the car parked in front of them with a mortified expression. " Dream! " he gasped. He ran over to him and went in for a hug, only to be stopped by Eret, who shook his head before he bent down beside Dream and patted his shoulder.

" We're free, buddy. " Eret said with a gentle smile. George frowned and noticed how much pain contorted Dream's face. His eyes were shut tight and he was taking sharp breaths. He opened his eyes and saw Eret smile at him.

He gave a weak one back before looking over at George, his droopy ears perked a little, though not much. " Let's get to the car. " He said, his voice scratchy. He tossed a paranoid glance over his shoulder.

" Are you sure? " Eret also looked over his own shoulder at the way they had just exited. Sapnap's eyes widened in realization.

" What happened in there? " He asked in horror, George was trying to coax Dream up from his right, Eret holding his left.

" Long story. We'll explain in the car. " Dream groaned as he leaned heavily against a slightly panicky George.

They carefully made their way to the car, placing Dream in the back. He was between George and Eret so he was supported.

" Okay. So now will you explain since you're safe? " Sapnap asked, casting an uneasy glance at Eret.

" Basically, me and George were on a walk and I got kidnapped by these guys. When we got to that place I was originally tied to a chair in the same room as Eret. " Dream explained, leaning specifically against George.

" Apparently they... Do testing on angels and demons. Or in my case, imps. They dug a knife into my arm, gave me a bunch of weird injections. " Dream continued, George had gasped again when he brought up the tests that had been run on him. Dream was getting drowsier and drowsier.

" Dream, I can explain the rest if you want to sleep. " Eret said.

Dream shook his head, wanting to protest, but his body was working against him and he fell asleep on the spot.

Hi y'all. Hope you had a great day!

I figured out how to draw trees today! Look look 

I dunno how I did it. I was just procrastinating school work by doodling and ended up with that.

ALSO 

w t f I was just at like 600 reads this morning and now I have 1.3k I'm going to c r y

thank you y'all, so freaking much. 

Love y'all!

Moony <3