21

Dream awoke to an oddly familiar feeling. He grumbled and sat up, blinking a couple of times. Two bright, leafy green eyes bore into his soul. He gaped. Patches paws were sinking through him.

" Still a ghost after all, huh? " He said as he shifted upright. His eyes were bright with relief and he nudged Eret.

" What, Dream? " Eret groaned as he opened an eye. His eyebrows promptly shot up to his hairline. " Is that a ghost cat? "

" This is my cat Patches. " Dream said pridefully. The calico went back to full opacity, now standing on top of Dream rather than through him. She purred.

" Hey Patchy... Do you know a way to get us out of here? Or at least alert Sapnap and George? " He asked quietly while running a hand along her back.

" She's cute. " Eret commented while holding out a hand for her to sniff. She seemed to magnetically glue herself to him before he even had a chance to process.

" She seems to have a thing for angels. " Dream said with a laugh. He watched as she nuzzled her face against Eret's hand.

" I don't think I've ever been so glad to see a cat before. " Eret sighed. His eyes would have been blindingly bright if it weren't for his sunglasses, but he basically lit up the room with his cracked halo.

" Patches. Find George and Sapnap, don't let George come here. " Dream told the cat in a hushed voice. The cat nodded and stood up, fading in color and walking right through the wall.

" How handy it would be to be a ghost right now, huh? " Dream hummed as he watched her. Eret nodded.

Patches walked back a few minutes later, giving a lazy meow.

" That was fast. " Dream said in confusion. Her ears flicked in return.

Eret opened his wings and the cat hopped onto his lap.

Dream leaned back, his tail thumping against the ground.

He heard the door creak and Patches jumped up, turning invisible. Dream looked up wearily as a man walked up to him with narrowed eyes.

" Which one of yas was meowing. " He asked gruffly. Dream stifled a laugh despite his fear.

Both Dream and Eret stayed dead silent, looking between each other.

" The demon looks troublesome enough. Let's go. " Dream stiffened nervously, standing his ground. The man tugged on his bad arm and he gave a yelp of pain and complied. Eret watched anxiously, but Dream was giving him a stare that said not to do anything.

Patches shimmered back into existence, her eyes gleaming nervously. Dream gave them both a weak smile.

He was dragged into the same room. It felt like a daily routine now. He shivered with fear, glaring at the man.

The man turned to him and grinned before turning back to his cold, metal tools.

He grabbed Dream's abused arm, making him cry out. " What the fuck dude? "

He was poked and prodded again, though nothing too bad. A couple things made him occasionally wince. It wasn't until he was allowed to stand that all the effects took place.

Everything swayed and he stumbled. Dizziness rushed him intensely and he barely had time to process when the man aimed a kick to his ribs. Steel toed boots. That hurt.

Dream cried out again and tried to shield himself, too disoriented to fight back. He grimaced as he was sent another kick. The guy had quite a lot of strength, that was for sure. Dream was positive he had at least one broken or fractured rib.

He was lifted again and forced upright and he let out a gasp of pain. The man dragged him back.

" Maybe you'll quit meowing. " He said as he shoved him in. Dream collapsed, a muffled wail echoing from him. He saw Patches and Eret run towards him, both sharing equally horrified looks. Well that escalated quickly.

" Stop- " He groaned, Eret hesitated and Patches skidded to a halt as his head.

He could barely focus on Eret, it was as if he was on a boat in the middle of the rough sea.

He took a deep breath, which hitched mid way through. Patches was quickly running through the wall and out of sight. Dream frowned.

Eret looked down at him. " Can you move? " He asked.

" Obviously not. " Dream snapped, struggling to push himself up right. Eret half carried half dragged Dream to a wall to help him sit up. He hissed in pain, taking off his shattered mask and wiping furiously at his watering eyes.

" I think I broke a rib. " He groaned as he leaned his head back against the wall.

Eret frowned and moved the mask to the side. " I- I don't know how to help with that. " He said nervously.

" I may be immortal but I don't heal any faster than a normal person. Only angels do that. " He whined. " Either way, what does that dude have against cats? " He continued on.

Eret snorted. " You broke a rib, just got tested on, and you worry about why the dude hates cats? I'm pretty sure he hates everything. "

Dream shrugged and coughed, only to wince in pain and hold his breath for a couple of seconds.

Eret looked around the room. " We don't have anything we could use as a brace. " He said with a frown. Dream shrugged weakly.

" They seem to like to pick on me. " He said dryly.

" They probably think I'm boring. They've been stuck with me for who knows how long now. " Eret hummed.

Dream stared down with narrowed eyes. " Well. They probably can't use me for a while, being as I can barely move. " He said as he shakily rubbed at a blood stain on his hoodie.

Eret nodded. " Hopefully they'll take it easy on us. At least long enough for Patches to get help for us. "

Dream hoped that was the case. " Patches is smart. She'll get us help. " He reassured, pulling his wings closer to himself.

" Yeah, maybe she can get that sapnap dude to come help us. " Dream nodded. He gingerly clutched his ribs/general chest area and forced the pain to be at the back of his mind. 

" They've got steel-toed boots, did ya know? " Dream commented. " And incredible strength. I got hit by a car and didn't break a bone. Then again, I might've just been a lucky bastard. "

Eret chuckled. " Maybe. "

hehe another Early chapter. 

Any crits, tips, suggestions? 

Patches always comes to save the day, what can I say lmao 

Also, Patches simps for angels. Confirmed. 

Love y'all 

Moony <3