19

Henlo! I drew Patches :))) And it's an Early chapter! :D  I hope you're having a good day! 

I wrote this during math class :') 

The cellar door opened with a loud creak, startling Dream out of his trance. He looked up and tilted his head as the man tossed him half a loaf of bread and a water bottle.

He frowned and glared at the man wordlessly before the door closed again. Heaving a sigh, he dragged the food closer to himself.

Half of his water had spilt on the floor from being tossed, and he still couldn't eat the bread. He tiredly face-palmed and picked it up.

The bread appeared to be stale and possibly even moldy, Dream gagged at the sight. The mold wasn't necessarily a bad thing being as most things he ate at home had some form of it. Hell. You get the gist.

But the mere idea that this was something that would already make him sick, was old enough to be stale, and was a bit moldy, was where he drew the line. He decided he wasn't hungry enough to eat the disgusting meal, instead opting to chuck it across his containment. It hit the wall with a surprisingly loud thunk.

Rolling his eyes, Dream looked back down at the bandages he'd bled through. " God. This has been eventful. I met George, we got caught, we got exiled, then I started to miss home, I left and got hit by a car, I went back home, only to try to go on a walk with George and get kidnapped, and now I have a knife wound. My poor, poor arm. " He recited and complained to himself.

He leaned back and stared at the ceiling, realizing there was a small gap between it and the wall.

" Too bad I can't fly. " Dream hummed. " Stupid, fucking useless wings. "

He reached over his shoulder and tugged one into view. Still, it was too small to carry his weight so he could fly. He looked back up, letting go.

" Maybe I can climb up the walls like something from The Exorcist and... No that wouldn't work. The gap's not big enough. Damnit false hope. " He looked at his clawed hands.

He glowered down at the floor, having no clue what to do with himself. All he could truly do was quietly scheme a way to get him and Eret out of there. It wasn't the worst thing he could do, but it still was pretty boring.

His ears twitched as he debated trying to eavesdrop. Though, it proved to be ineffective since all he could hear was muffled voices and incoherent words. They were too far away. He groaned in disappointment. Confinement was one of the worst things he'd experienced. That was what he determined.

He really wanted George at that moment. He didn't care if that meant he'd try combing his hair or something. He just really, honestly, wanted the company of anyone but himself. His family of himself. It was too bleak.

His gaze drifted over his water bottle. He grimaced and reached for it, opening the already slightly opened cap. His ears twitched as the water bottle crinkled. Well that was new. His tail wagged involuntarily.

He took a sip of water before sticking out his tongue and dumping the rest on the floor. He chucked the water bottle across the room before chasing after it. The blonde stomped on it and it crinkled loudly.

He picked it back up and tossed it into the air, batting it repeatedly to try and keep it in the air. He found his new game amusing, and was happy enough with it. He tossed the bottle across the room again. He raced after it in the direction he'd thrown it, slamming into the padded wall after slipping on the water. He began laughing at himself.

" I'm so childish. " He laughed as he picked up the bottle. He tossed it into the air and caught it. He hovered a couple inches off the ground and dropped the bottle before sweeping down again and picking it up.

He kept playing with the bottle, enjoying every second of it. His eyes had adjusted to the dark and he could see pretty well. It also helped that his eyes were bright enough to give everything a little bit of green light. Well, that was if he wasn't wearing his mask.

He looked up as the door opened again, stopping mid-air and dropping the bottle. Eret was shoved in and groaned as he sat up, rubbing his head. He looked around, and his eyes met Dream's.

Dream grinned. " Hi! " He chirped as he drifted over to the angel.

" you're in a very good mood. " Eret said, mildly confused.

" I made a game. I toss the water bottle and stuff. " He responded.

Eret grumbled and shifted, wincing. Dream noticed the angel's halo was chipped. An angry frown crossed his face.

" They chipped your halo. " Dream said in disbelief. Eret nodded with a shrug. Dream's eyes narrowed.

" That's not okay. They're gonna pay for that one. " He growled unhappily. Eret shook his head.

" It doesn't matter. I'm a fallen angel anyways. I think it's just more of a resemblance. " He argued, fixing his glasses.

" It does matter, though! " Dream protested.

" Just drop it Dream, there nothing we can do about it. " Eret snapped. Dream fell quiet and looked down. His ears drooped as he mumbled an apology.

" Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I just- I'm so angry and frustrated over the situation. " Eret said quietly. Dream nodded in understanding.

" Well, at least we have each other now. That's something to keep me sane. I don't have to talk to myself. " Dream chuckled dryly. Eret patted his back.

" It was getting lonely in the other room. " He agreed.

Dream looked back at his water bottle before picking it up. " Think fast. " He warned while he yeeted it at the angel, who yelped in surprise, getting smacked in the head. I didn't really hurt because the water bottle was plastic.

Early chapter :00 Might post again later today depending on how much homework I have.

I don't have much to say atm.  So crits, tips, suggestions? 

Love y'all!

Moony <3