𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Kurosaki Yumiko was currently in Shirokami's house for the third time this week. Today was the second day of Inter-high, and she unfortunately was missing it because of her duties with the cooking club.

"Where's the liquid measuring cup again?" Yumiko asked as she dusted her hands on her apron, turning around to find it within the cabinets. Shirokami pointed over at the cupboard near the fridge.

"It's over there on the bottom shelf." He directed, casually glancing at the female who searched through the closet for the cup. When she couldn't find it, he dusted his hands on his apron and approached her from behind. "Is it not there?"

Feeling his body so close to hers, her breath hitched for a moment. "N-No."

"Ah, it's up here." He leaned forward, reaching up to grab the measuring cup on the top shelf. His body grazed against hers for a moment before he stepped back, handing her the cup. "Here you go."

"Thank you." She smiled sheepishly, looking down when a blush spread across her cheeks. He simply nodded, returning to the counter to finish mixing the first batch of batter for the cake. "After we decorate, are we taking a break?"

"Yes. We deserve it." He replied, folding the mixture with a whisk. Yumiko took a moment to admire how good he was at this whole thing. She could tell he had spent a lot of time practicing and perfecting his technique to produce the best cakes he could possibly make.

After about an hour and a half, they finally finished the batches and put them in the oven to cook. While it cooked for thirty minutes, they took a small break in the kitchen. They would've gone in the living room but they wanted to stay near the cakes to prevent any overcooking.

"My feet hurt." Yumiko whined playfully, looking down at her feet that covered in her own socks. The raven haired male mimicked her movements, glancing down at her feet.

"Then sit down." With ease, he put his hands under her arms and placed her on the clean counter to sit. A yelp of surprise left her mouth as her eyes widened. "Better?"

"Yes." She squealed, covering her face with her hands. The blush on her face was growing brighter and brighter. He's too close.

His calloused hands wrapped around her thin wrists, pulling her hands away from her face. His soft brown eyes bored into her soul, searching her eyes for something.

Holy fucking fuck. I'm going to fucking combust soon. What the fuckity fuck? She screamed internally, keeping her composure outwardly.

"Are you okay?" He reached up to graze her cheek with the back of his hand. Her face was so red that he thought she was feeling feverish.

"Actually," She started, swallowing thickly. "I want to tell you something."

His eyes flickered away from hers for a moment, spotting the small piece of paper folded up on the counter. Out of curiosity, he unfolded it and scanned the contents. His eyes widened.

"Wait, is that from my pocket-" Yumiko froze upon realizing that the note had fallen out of her pant pocket when she was seated on the counter. Oh my fucking god.

"You like me?" Shirokami questioned, looking away from the note that had her true feelings written down on them. As much as she didn't want to admit it, her facial expression gave her away. "I see."

Slapping her hands over her face, she was quick to talk, "Don't even talk about it. It's just a silly little crush. You don't have to reply."

Shirokami ran a hand through his hair, sighing softly. "Yumiko-chan, you know you're important to me, right?"