𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"MEAT!" The boys cheered upon seeing the large spread of grilled meat outside the back of the gym. The females stood at the counter, fixing up whatever was left to do while the boys started to eat.

Upon hearing the pained cry of a female, Yumiko walked over to Eri, patting her shoulder. "Eri-chan, let me take over."

The girl nodded, handing the knife to Yumiko who began to cut the onions quickly. Eri was surprised at how skilled Yumiko was with a knife.

"Honey, go eat. I'll handle this." Yumiko grinned, motioning for Eri and the other girls to go eat while she finished up the cutting. Reluctantly, they listened and left Yumiko alone to finish up.

"Hey." A voice muttered, surprised Yumiko who jumped a bit. Her eyes widened when they fell upon Tsukishima who stood beside her, his eyes trained on the others around them.

"Hey?" The words came out more like a question. After the other night, I don't know what to say to him.

"Is little miss midget senpai trying to do everything on her own again?" The boy taunted, hushed when he spoke to avoid causing a disturbance in front of everyone.

She pursed her lips, "Don't get sassy, sir. I have a knife."

He held his hands up in defense. "No sass here, ma'am."

"That's sass." She slapped him with her free hand. A laugh escaped her lips as she wiped the sweat off her brow with her wrist. Pointing the knife downwards, she walked over to sink to wash the dirty knife and cutting board.

"You don't have to wash it, you know." Nekoma's coach said, holding out his hands to stop the female from washing the dishes. She's been working hard and she's still going. Wow.

Yumiko smiled, "It's no trouble. Besides, it'll be better for you guys to return with clean dishes." She explained, placing the cleaned dishes on a towel to air dry.

When she returned to the table she was at, Tsukishima still stood there. He would occasionally glance at her, watching as she cleaned the table off.

"If you don't hurry up, those guys will swallow the entire table." Tsukishima pointed out, motioning to Bokuto who was literally inhaling all the meat on the grill.

Yumiko chuckled, "I'll eat after I finish cleaning."

Wordlessly, he walked away. He just turned on his heels, walking away to go eat while Yumiko continued clean.

Rude! She wanted to cry out, but held it in to avoid bringing any unwanted attention to herself. He really just went 'k bye' AHAHAHA.

After a few minutes of cleaning, she turned sharply to walk over to the sink to wash her hands. As soon as she turned around, she was greeted by a cold water bottle to the face. It made her jump away, yelping from the temperature.

"Relax." Tsukishima rolled his eyes, holding onto the water bottle that she didn't reach to grab yet. "Hurry up and wash your hands, slowpoke."

"Don't tell me what to do, Goliath." She rolled her eyes, walking off to quickly wash her hands and dry them on her pants. Walking over to the male, she was greeted by a water bottle and a plate of food. "Huh? What's this?"

"It's food." He spoke slowly, as if he was talking to a child.

She pinched his arm, "I know that! But why?"

The blond shrugged, "The devil works hard, but Kurosaki-senpai works harder. I guess."

Her head snapped upwards, multiple emotions running through her. For some reason, the way he subtle alluded that he acknowledged her hard work made her heart squeeze. He made me food?

Almost like a record scratch, she came to a halt. "Hold on, did you call me Kurosaki-senpai?"

He didn't answer, simply shooting her a flat look that said it all.

Yumiko scrunched her face up, "Don't call me that. Ew. Gross. I hate it."

"What, you prefer midget-senpai?" Tsukishima snickered, earning a gasp from the female who whacked him.

"No! Just call me Yumiko or Yumi, dumbass!" The brunette barked playfully, placing a piece of meat in my mouth. "Yummy."

"I thought you didn't like me calling you that." Tsukishima smirked, noticing how she had changed her mind since that one time where she told him not to call her that. "Gone soft?"

"Ah, fuck off." She huffed. "Never mind then. For a split second, I no longer thought of you as an uncute kouhai. Turns out, you're the same as ever."

He was partially taken aback. Does that mean she thought I was cute?

"Fine. I'll say it."

"No. Don't. Since you wanna be mean again and pick on me."

"I wasn't-"

"No."

"Hey-"

"No.

"Stop cutting me of-"

"Nope.

"Sto-"

"Nah."

"Yumiko, stop." The way her name rolled off his tongue sent a shiver down her spine. It reminded her of the dream she had the night after he almost kissed her. ERASE. IT NEVER HAPPENED. ERASE.

"Hmph. Still uncute as ever." She shrugged, walking off to go sit down by the other females to eat. Tsukishima walked away, sitting down in the distance while casually glancing at her.

About half an hour later, when the sun was beginning to set, everyone heard a commotion that made them freeze and look in that direction.

"HEY HEY HEY!" Bokuto sceeamed as he came racing down the hill on a flat piece of card board. Towards the bottom, he flipped and ended up on the grass after his crash.

"Bokuto-san, watch out!" Akaashi shouted when Yumiko and Nishiniya came flying down the hill on cardboard as if they were sledding. The same crash happened to those two who ended up in a sprawl with Bokuto on the grass.

The three of them jumped up as if they had never crashed. "AGAIN!"

Despite being yelled at by a few males who were against it, they still rode the cardboard down the hill like it was normal. Eventually, everyone began to join in to try at least once.

Once the sun was about to set, they all cleaned up and prepared to head home. The training camp was a success and their last day was even better.

Now, Tsukishima was going to develop. Volleyball and relationship wise.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : tch. hairband ]