𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗 : 𝗰𝗮𝗸𝗲

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

A few days after Nagi had arrived, Yumiko returned to school like usual. Everything was normal. After the bell rang to signal lunch, she stood up and wandered the halls with the vending machine as her destination. Along the way, she was caught by Yamaguchi who had something to tell her.

"Huh?"

Yamaguchi nodded, smiling sheepishly, "Uh, yeah, he's been stressing about this for a while now. Do you..think you could help him out?" The boy asked politely, making her heart squeeze.

"Ack, you're so cute, Tada-chan." She reached up, standing on her tippy toes, ruffling his hair softly. When she was satisfied, she patted his head and grinned, "Leave it to me."

Following the green haired male down the hall, they arrived in front of Class 1-4 in no time. Yumiko didn't hesitate to knock, stepping inside while Yamaguchi hung around outside the class to give them a bit of space. He's lowkey the best wingman to exist.

"Tsukishima, Kurosaki-senpai is here for you." A classmate of his called out, pointing at Yumiko who stood by the door.

The blond's head snapped upwards, making eye contact with Yumiko who waved at him. His heart began to race, his palms growing sweaty. Why is she here?

"Sooo," She sat down in the seat in front of him, flattening her skirt with her hand. Her elbow rested on his desk, supporting her chin that sat in the palm of her hand. "I heard it's your mom's birthday soon."

Tsukishima's eyebrows knitted together, "And how do you know this? Stalker much?"

"Shut up." She slapped his arm lightly. "A little birdie told me."

"Yamaguchi." Tsukishima deadpanned, earning a small nod from Yumiko who laughed. He sighed, "Alright, what of it?"

"Do you want me to help you with your gift?" Yumiko grinned, flashing him a picture of the cake that Yamaguchi had mentioned earlier. Baking is my speciality, after all.

"Tsukki said his mom really likes strawberry flavored things. Maybe that's where he got his like for strawberry flavored things from hehe."

Tsukishima rose an eyebrow, "What? Why?"

"Can you make it yourself?" The girl retorted flatly, earning silence in return. Shrugging, she stood up. "Fine, I guess you don't need any help. I don't know why I even offered to help such an uncute kouhai who can't put aside his pride for once to make something nice for his mom. I see."

"Okay, now you're just being petty."

"No. You're just dumb."

"This is childish."

"Then grow up."

"You first."

"Already did."

"Totally."

"Yep."

"Mhmm."

Yumiko turned on her heels to leave, huffing extra loud to seem dramatic. "Fine."

Throwing his pride out the window, his hand shot out, wrapping around her wrist to hold her in place. He lightly tugged her back, catching her by surprise.

She turned around with a small pout, "What?"

He mumbled something, too quiet for Yumiko to hear.