𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝗮 𝘁𝗮𝘂𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗿

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

With Inter-high less than two days away, the boys were tense with worry and anxiety. The thought of losing so early on was weighing them down during the day.

As for Yumiko, well....she was on cloud nine.

"Bruh, can you, like, shut up?" Tanaka huffed, tired of hearing Yumiko's occasional squeals whenever she thought of Shirokami. "You keep squealing."

"She's in love." Nishinoya gagged, faking a vomiting motion. The brunette gasped, flipping him off.

"I'm not! I just think Shirokami-kun is a really nice guy!" The female's aggressiveness turned soft with a sigh. "And he's really good with his hands."

Nishinoya and Tanaka simply stared at her in disgust. "What the fuck."

"What?!"

"That's so disgusting. Please don't ever say that again. I'm not trying to imagine my "sister" getting railed by a guy like that." Nishinoya scoffed, growing nauseous at the thought.

"I'm not gonna get railed by him, you dumb fuck!" Yumiko shouted with a red hue all over her face. Nishinoya really had a way to embarrass the living hell out of her.

"Do you seriously like that guy?" Nishinoya scrunched his face up. His disapproval was clear, but Yumiko didn't seem to notice it.

After all, Shirokami wasn't a bad guy. He lived his life simply, doing whatever he could while pursuing a career he liked. He didn't stand out nor was he invisible. He was just a normal guy. Though, a lot of his classmates found it surprisingly that he was so close to Yumiko.

"I don't like him!" Yumiko refuted, flustered.

Both males deadpanned, "Sure."

"I don't!"

"You do!"

"No, the fuck, I don't!"

"Yes, the fuck, you do!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"Yes." Kageyama chimed in randomly as he exited the club room, getting caught in the crossfire of their argument. His appearance caused them to stop for a moment. "What are you talking about?"

The three noticed the rest of the team behind him and quickly cut the conversation short to prevent any further issues. "Nothing."

"You're still here, Yumiko-chan?" Suga asked, surprised. He had heard that she wouldn't be around much because of club. Everyone thought she had headed home already.

Yumiko bit back a bright smile. "Actually, I'm going to Shirokami-kun's house today." The look on her face completely gave her away.

It's painfully obvious she likes him. Everyone thought in unison.

"Ah, I see. Will you be okay on your own? Is his family going to be here?" Daichi questioned, putting a hand on Yumiko's back reassuringly.

"I don't think so. It'll probably be just me and him for today." The words made her overprotective 'siblings' freeze. "It's better if it's just me and him anyway. I couldn't do anything with his family around." She laughed softly.

This girl is shameless.

"Woah, is the midget-senpai really gonna attempt to make a move on such a big guy? Can you reach his face or will he get you a stool first?" Tsukishima sneered, smirking down at the female who gawped up at him.

"Huhhhh?!!" Her face reddened considerably. "I'm not tryna make a move on him, you dumb shit! I just can't cook with a lot of people around!"

The male shot her a complacent smile, "Are you sure about that? You'll be all alone with Shirokami-san in his house. Are you sure he isn't inviting you in for some impure reason?" He felt quite accomplished knowing that he could fluster her with just a few words.

"He's not like that!" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "And even if I was gonna make a move, I'm not that short so I'll reach."

Tsukishima took a step forward, bringing his body to be merely inches away from Yumiko's. He lifted an arm to measure up to her. "You can't even reach my face, so what makes you think you'll reach his?"

Yumiko looked up, almost gasping when she realized how close they were. Pushing aside that slight pounding of her heart, she scoffed, "That's because you're taller than him! You guys are different!"

The blond bent down a bit, merely two inches, mimicking the height of Shirokami who was six feet tall. His smirk widened so much that it made Yumiko's jaw clench. "Can you reach now?"

"Tsukki, I think you're picking on her too muc-" Yamaguchi and everyone else's eyes, including Tsukishima's, widened when Yumiko grabbed him by the collar of his uniform, yanking him down to her height to plant a kiss on his cheek.

Her fingers unfurled, grip loosening enough to let him stand up straight with his cheek in his hand. Her cheeks were bright red but a satisfied, arrogant smile sat on her lips. "T-Told ya I could reach it."

"Yumiko-chan." Shirokami called out calmly, chuckling when Yumiko almost blasted off into space out of surprise. "Let's get going?"

Snatching her bag out of Tanaka's hand, she ran to catch up with him, "Y-Yes!" With one brief wave to the team, she walked off with Shirokami to his house nearby.

"I'm going home." The blond muttered, walking off in the direction of his house. Yamaguchi, thankfully, didn't follow after because if he did, he would've seen the pink hue that colored Tsukishima's ears.

He scoffed under his breath, "Tch. Damn, Midget-senpai." Tsukishima hissed, wiping his cheek that burned yet tingled. What a weirdo.

"Huh." Suga said as he rocked on his heels, munching on the meat bun in his hand. He and Daichi stood beside one another, admiring the stars while the rest of the team talked among each other a few feet away. "That sure was a sight to see."

"Yup." Daichi nodded. "Is that what they call flirting nowadays?"

Suga shrugged, "Beats me. That really caught me off guard though."

"Right? Tsukishima's a bit hard to deal with but he gets extra witty with Yumiko-chan. Why is that?" The brunette peered over at Suga out of the corner of his eyes.

"Maybe he's in love." The response instantly made them both laugh. It was the type of laugh that had them both hunched over, almost choking on their food.

"Pfft, there's no way." They exclaimed in unison. Silence began to fill the air and their composure began to break. "...Right?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : school sucks 😐 i wanna quit ]

published : october 21st, 2020