𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀?

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Naturally, seeing the person you liked grow closer with someone who liked them would put you on edge. Tsukishima was currently experiencing a tense month after watching Atsushi and Yumiko grow closer every Friday.

For some reason, Atsushi didn't seem to have a job nor a life, so he spent his Fridays at Yumiko's house having dinner with everyone else. It was quite annoying to see him act all friendly with Yumiko who was doing everything out of kindness. It would've been rude for her to kick him out.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), today was Tsukishima's last straw.

"Tsukishima, are you sure you don't want to stick around for practice?" Hinata asked, motioning to the few males who were staying behind for extra practice.

"No." Tsukishima responded, putting on his shoes by the gym door and picking up his other pair of shoes. "I have something to do."

"Oh. Okay." Hinata called out, running off to talk to Kageyama who was busy practicing his serves. "Kageyamaaa!!"

With a sigh, Tsukishima headed towards the club room t get changed and get going. It was currently Friday and Tsukishima was set to meet up with Yumiko before the others came over. He had sought out to her for help on cooking a pastry for his brother's birthday. Though, it was mostly an excuse to be around her more often.

Once he had changed, he exited the club room and started his journey to her house which wasn't far. Recently, she hasn't been attending volleyball practice due to her duties at home and her studies. Coach was a bit lenient with her since she was lowkey a kiss-ass. Not seeing her as often was making Tsukishima more uneasy as time went on.

His eyes were focused on the cement, observing the pavement absentmindedly. His hands rested in his pocket as his headphones sat over his ears, quietly playing a song from his playlist.

Arriving before her house, he glanced up and froze. Yumiko stood in front of Atsushi's house with her her hands folded in front of her. The two spoke before smiling at one another, bowing.

Atsushi's eyes met Tsukishima's for a mere moment before a smirk graced his lips. Leaning in, it looked like Atsushi kissed Yumiko.

She stepped backwards, covering her mouth and letting go of him. "Atsushi-san, please be more mindful of things like that. People might see."

Yumiko turned on her heels, walking over to her house to find Tsukishima standing there. Her heart jumped a bit as a smile graced her lips, "Tsukishima, hi!"

He didn't answer, simply nodding at the female who failed to notice his shift in mood.

Unlocking her front door, she opened it wide for Tsukishima to file in behind her. He stepped inside, stopping in his spot.

Yumiko shut the door, turning the top lock to prevent anyone coming in and interrupting their baking. When she turned around, Yumiko gasped when she was faced with Tsukishima's chest. "Tsukishima?"

She lifted a hand slowly. His slender fingers wrapped around her hand, pulling it downwards so it sat at her side. Leaning forward, Yumiko's breath hitched. Is he...

His forehead tapped her shoulder, resting there for a moment.

Yumiko was frozen stiff. She had no idea what to do when the guy she liked was this close to her right now. It made her heart beat so loudly that she worried he'd hear it or feel it. "T-Tsukishima..?"

His loose grip on her hand tightened, holding it so tenderly.

"Please..." The boy trailed off with a sigh, not daring to lift his head. "Please, tell me you and Atsushi-san are not dating."

Her expression filled with confusion at the statement. Me and Atsushi-san? Dating?

"We're not dating, Tsukishima. Atsushi-san is just my neighbor. Nothing more." Yumiko explained, squeezing his hand gently to reassure that she was being truthful.

The blond didn't move despite the wave of relief that washed over him. It was the first time he had ever gotten this close to her for this this long.

The brown locks smelled faintly of the strawberry shampoo she has. A subtle aroma of her perfume also had him intoxicated, unable to move.

Flustered and unsure of what to do, she joked, "do you want a hug?"

A silence filled the room as they both stood there, unmoving.

Before Yumiko could get embarrassed and say it was a joke, Tsukishima's body shifted.

Burying his face in her neck, his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. A silent gasp left her lips when her body was engulfed in a new warmth she had never experienced before.

Their hearts raced in sync, slamming against their rib cages so hard that they thought it'd stop beating soon. They couldn't even tell whose heart was whose because of how similar they pounded.

Slowly, Yumiko slid her arms around his torso and pulled him closer. She nuzzled her face into his chest, feeling as if it was the most natural thing to do.

For a moment, the world stopped. It was just them two. In the silence, it felt just right to be in each other's arms.

Pulling away slowly, Tsukishima stayed close. The atmosphere felt perfect. The way their faces were merely inches away led to their internal magnets drawing them closer.

"Yumiko.." His voice was husky, so low that she felt her knees go weak.

With barely an inch of space between their lips, they closed their eyes for a kiss they both wanted.

"YUMI, OPEN THE DOOR! IT'S COLDDDD!" Nishinoya shouted loudly, banging on the door behind Yumiko.

They jumped away, breathing heavily from the sudden shock. Yumiko fixed her hair and threw open the door to reveal the entire volleyball team standing there.

"Yo! Coach shut down our extra practice early!"

"Hey." Yumiko responded with a thin smile, a bit annoyed that they were interrupted. I could've gotten my first kiss, you fuck sticks.

Turning around, she found Tsukishima nowhere to be seen. He had disappeared into the living room to seem less suspicious.

He mostly just wanted to get away and hide the blush that crept up to his cheeks and ears.

So close.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : 😏 yes, we getting there ]