Vampires

"This is not a dress," I insisted looking at the short dress in the mirror.

     "Oh hush, yes it is," Isabelle said.

     I walked into her room from the bathroom pulling the dress down at the bottom as far as it would go, "I can't pull this off."

     "Actually with the right shoes..." she replied searching through the various pairs of shoes she had dumped out on her bed.

     "Don't you have anything else?" I asked but trying not to be so bothersome.

     "If you go out looking like your mundane self, you won't get within a hundred feet of Magnus Bane, he's the high warlock of Brooklyn, now stop complaining and get over here," she said with a slight smile leading me over to the mirror.

      "That guy...Alec doesn't like me very much."

     "That guy Alec is my brother," Isabelle smiled while putting my hair up.

     "Does Jace know how Alec feels about him?" I wondered.

     "Is it that obvious?" she asked in return.

     "Yes, but its not that big of a deal."

     "It isn't to me, either, but it is to the Clave, I don't make the rules," she looked at my reflection in the mirror and continued, "See? You look pretty."

     "I look like a hooker..."

     "Hey watch it, those are my clothes," she chuckled a little as we walked out into the hall to be met by Alec, Jace, and Sam who had changed clothes also, "Doesn't she look great, Alec?"

     "She looks like someone whose number belongs on a bathroom wall," he answered walking down the hallway hardly even looking at me.

     "I think she looks great," Jace stepped in as I watched Alec still walking down the hall.

     "Thank you," I turned to look at him to see him nod.

     When we arrived at the venue I immediately recognized it making me whisper, "I've been here before..."

     Jace walked up to the door and knocked, when a man opened it Jace had pulled out his wand and made a symbol in the air, the man at the door froze in place.

     It was a party, there were all types of supernatural beings there, Jace was plastered to my side as we waited for Magnus to come out.

     I felt him pull the band out of my hair letting it fall to my shoulders, he brushed through it a few times and said quietly, "Better."

     "Well well well...look here I don't remember inviting any children of the Nephilim," a man who looked a little older then us came out wearing now pants, a button up shirt, and a blazer.

     "Magnus Bane...we need to talk," Jace greeted him.

     "You know I don't like you guys, but I'll let you stay, but only because of the hot one," I saw Bane look over my shoulder at Alec who smiled, "The one with the blue eyes, and because of Ryder."

     "How do you know her name?" Sam asked.

     "Come with me," Bane took my forearm in his hand and led me to a room, I could see Jace watching us carefully, "Where's your mother?"

     "She's missing," I responded watching his expression turn a little sad.

     "That explains it...every year she brought you here, she never missed an appointment. Not every spell turns out as perfect as the one I did on you. As soon as you started drawing the Angelic rune...it was a sign your memory was surfacing. I'd built that into your mind, so that she knew when to bring you back. What you saw from the shadow world, you would forget...even as you saw it, but as you grew older, you needed my treatment more frequently. She knew she had to tell you one day. But until you were ready...she wanted to keep the block on your mind, it was exactly how she wanted it. It'll wear off over time, it's already wearing off or you wouldn't be here."