Prologue

Prologue

I weaved my way through the crowds, watching as people danced wildly to the song Professional Party People, which drummed through the house in an alluring beat, casting a spell over the guests. I placed my empty styrofoam cup on top of the glass table covered in empty beer cans and the odd punch cup that looked like a replica of my own.

I gave the colourful punch a miss after debating it over whether or not I was still thirsty; if it hadn't been spiked by now then the Jocks were slacking off, which was something the team didn't do when it came to girls. Especially easy drunk girls, which was one of the main reasons I wanted to remain sober. I didn't want to become one of those 'easy girls'.

I wounded my way through the crowds again, dancing here and there with the odd few people, grinding up against their bodies. Many of the people in my house were strangers, probably never to be seen again by me after this, but I had said it was a free-for-all party; anyone was invited.

It was officially the party of the year.

I smiled happily at the thought while dancing under the flashing fluro lights, content with the fact that my parents and sister had miraculously decided to go on a week-long trip down to San Fransisco with out me. I was old enough to stay home by myself of course, so I declined their invitation, already setting reservations for the party of the year.

It was all going perfect-

"-ANNIKA JONES!" I heard someone yell furiously, rudely interrupting don't only my dancing but my thoughts. People who knew me via school instantly turned to glance at me then go back to whatever they were doing. I shrugged. Whoever is was could find me if it was really that important.

The music was suddenly cut off and the lights turned on. I froze, suddenly annoyed at the idiot who had tripped the music; that had taken ages to set up. People who had half a mind stopped dancing - apart from the drunk - and squinted around, confusion written all over their features.

I pushed my way through the crowd, annoyed. If this was some neighbour who had a thing or two to say about my music, the they could shove it.

"Excuse me!" I cried out repetitively, shoving past the drunk figures lining both my dinning room and kitchen. I didn't even what to think about the bedrooms.

I stepped over a girl who looked to be passed out, her sparkling black dress at a dangerously low level, and came to the edge of the crowd. My black designer heels were slightly covered in a sticky substance, and I frowned at them before raising my head to the source of my annoyment.

My parents stood their, looking extremely angry. Cases containing most likely clothes stood behind them in assorted colours, while my sister Zoe looked around in panic. The house must look terrible, and I hadn't even thought about locking up all the breakables and valuables. I gulped as my stomach dropped to the floor and I felt panic burst inside of me.

They weren't suppose to be home for another three days! I played with the hem of my dress, overcome with fear and nervousness as the crowd watched in anticipation.

"Everyone. Out." My dad ordered, pronouncing the words in a dangerous tone. I heard a rush of shuffling from behind me as I stared at the vein bulging from my dads forehead.

I'm dead meat.

~~~

YouEsBee:

Hey so I hope you guys enjoyed the beginning. Please tell me what you think ! :)  Song on the side - I love it ♥