Let's Go

"Nancy?" Poke.

"Nancyyy!" Poke.

"Nancy wake up!"

I opened my eyes, confused and groggy. The room was still enveloped in darkness- but I could just make out Diana's silhouette beside the bed. A faint streetlight coming through the window made everything shiny about her glint- her jewelry, the buckle on her belt, and the tears that were coating her cheeks.

"Diana?" I mumbled, sitting up a bit. "What's wrong?"

She leaned in, trying to keep her voice down- "Can I sleep in here tonight?"

"Why?"

"Pleeeease?" She whined. I could tell that she was very, very drunk from the way she was speaking, and her wobbly attempt at standing.

"What happened?" I began to worry.

"Nothing, jus' move over." She slurred, pulling back the blanket, and stumbling backward. "Wait- you're naked? Why're you naked?" She demanded, raising her voice.

"Shh!" I hissed, looking back to see if she woke Brian. He was still sound asleep.

"Oh my god." She looked between Brian and I, horrified. "You two fucked?"

I grumbled at her choice of words, and covered myself back up with the blanket. "No... We made love." I corrected her. "We love each other."

Diana silently stared at me for a moment before she sunk down to the floor. I couldn't tell if she meant to, or if she was just too drunk to stand. She let out a bleak, choked cry.

I looked over the edge of the bed at her. "Would you just tell me what's wrong?"

"Everything is wrong. Everything." She sobbed.

"Is there anything I can do?"

She lifted her head from her hands. "Can I please sleep next to you?"

"We aren't exactly decent under here, Di." I reminded her.

"I don't care." She insisted. "Please Nancy."

"I don't know how Brian would feel if he woke up without clothes on and you're in here with us." I reasoned.

"What'll he care for?" She sniffled. "Fucker."

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Nothing."

"Did you just call him a 'fucker'?" I nearly laughed.

"Well that's what he did right?" She slurred, waving her hands around dramatically. "He puts his big ol' cock in you- and suddenly I'm not allowed to sleep next to my best friend because he couldn't bother putting on some fucking trousers after he got finished fucking you." She started crying again, throwing her head down.

I blinked a few times, sincerely wondering if I was dreaming this up. "Are you mad that I had sex?"

"Y-no." She shook her head in an odd circle. "Pfft, Me?" She pointed to herself. "Mad? I'm not mad. Nope."

"Then what on earth are you going on about?" I asked, completely exasperated.

"Let me sleep with you please." She begged. "He'll understand."

I didn't have the energy for this temper tantrum. After a brief moment of contemplation, I figured that no matter how uncomfortable Brian would be in the morning, it would be much easier to deal with than the aftermath of turning Diana away.