Crazy on You

We arrived at the club early for Queen's gig, so the four of us sat at a high top table to wait for the rest of the band to show up. Diana sent Roger and Brian off to fetch us drinks as soon as we stepped into the building. I was halfway through my first Tom Collins when Diana was already requesting a refill.

The club was just starting to fill up with people for the night, and there was music and cigarette smoke wafting through the air. The place reminded me of the great shows Di and I have been to in the past, and I was growing more and more excited for the gig. I couldn't wait to see my sexy rockstar boyfriend play his red guitar.

"Thank god for booze." Diana moaned over the rim of her glass. "I nearly had an aneurysm talking about how 'fabulous' our school was."

"You did great, Di!" I said, mushing down the lemon at the bottom of my glass with my straw. "I found it very convincing."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well... the only part I actually meant was the part about you and my dad."

"Is anyone else still hungry?" Brian asked, changing the subject. "Should we order more food?"

"I have snacks in my purse if you want." Diana said, jumping into action. She whipped out her giant bag and started to rifle through. "I have a banana, a granola bar, a-"

"Christ, who are you? Mary Poppins?" Roger quipped. "Scissors, food, and changes of clothes- do you have a lamp as well?"

She giggled. "I like to be prepared for anything- and the scissors double as a weapon, so you'd better watch yourself." Roger playfully pretended to punch her in the arm, and she pretended to stab him in the throat.

"No fucking way." Brian suddenly groaned, rubbing at his temples. "They brought Monica."

The rest of us turned our attention to the entrance of the club to see Freddie, John, Mick, Monica, and two other guys walking in. Monica wasted no time in smirking at me.

Diana laid her head on the table. "There goes a fun night."

"Maybe you can scare her off with those scissors." Roger teased.

Diana flipped him off without lifting her head.

Freddie came over to us while the rest of them went to the bar to order drinks.

"Fred, I have just one question- why?" Brian asked, exasperatedly gesturing to Monica.

I quickly looked her way, and was relieved that she wasn't staring at me anymore. She was wearing a slinky gold chainmail top, and tight black leather pants. Her top was backless, so I could see just how perfect her figure is, along with the fact that she wasn't wearing a bra. She turned briefly to laugh at something Mick said, and I got a view of her side profile. Her smile was one that you'd expect to see in a magazine.

"Beats me." Freddie lit up a cigarette and slid into the seat across from Brian and I. "She's like a bad case of herpes... she won't fuck off."

"I bet she would know about herpes." Roger joked.

Diana downed the last of her drink. "Yeah, well if she knows, then the lot of us would know as well, wouldn't we?"

We were all silent after that comment, until the group from the bar approached the table beside us with their drinks in hand. They slid onto the bar stools and talked amongst themselves. Their conversation was frequently punctuated with Monica's high pitched laughter.

"Alright." Freddie clapped his hands. "It's time. Let's go get ready." He walked off to a room just off of the stage, and John got up and followed behind him.